Major Complaints Thread (4 Viewers)

I'd expect people to start starting on my again once I get old enough to be obviously vulnerable. I just feel like right now I'm in the too-old-to-be-a-challenge but too-young-to-be-an-easy-target sweet spot. Obviously that won't last forever

I'd expect people to start starting on my again once I get old enough to be obviously vulnerable. I just feel like right now I'm in the too-old-to-be-a-challenge but too-young-to-be-an-easy-target sweet spot. Obviously that won't last forever

I think, whether you mean to or not, you gain a bit of composure and authority as you get older. That scares the kids, and the olders who are drunk and looking for trouble. You've got kids and stuff, you're not game for a fight, you've got more important stuff in your life, so they leave you alone.

It is different over here though, people in their 50's and 60's act like teenagers. Someone who looks like me would rarely have to deal with this in Dublin.

It is different over here though, people in their 50's and 60's act like teenagers.
Where are you exactly? You make it sound like a mix of Glasgow in the 90s, Newcastle in the 50s and somewhere that’s never actually existed in the UK (crack dealers?).

Where are you exactly? You make it sound like a mix of Glasgow in the 90s, Newcastle in the 50s and somewhere that’s never actually existed in the UK (crack dealers?).
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Deptford.

The home of pirates. The place where if you keep going downhill, that's where you end up.

I don't live exactly there anymore, but it is where I hang out. There are crack dealers down the street.
I do love it though, even my parents like it. There is a sense of community that isn't based on wanky hipster shit. It ain't Hackney.

People come in, they look at it, make assumptions. All those assumptions are wrong. It's one of the only places in London where people actually feel like they're in a community*. And most of us are not from around here. We made this, before us, there was Dire fucking Straits, Placebo, Squeeze, and going back far enough, actual "y'arrrr me maties" pirates.

I'm not terribly fond of all the druggie pisshead squatter dole scum types that tend to find their way here. But there they are, they're part of the furniture.

*Respect to Ladbroke Grove and Peckham.

Jesus dude, sorry to hear that. I've seen you mention here how hard you've been working of late, I hope you get time to mind yourself soon.
I’ve taken yesterday and today off and only have to go in tomorrow to do a tiny head count. Then I think I’ll take extra days in January. I’m just going to paint Warhammer models and listen to Neil Young. Or maybe Bolt Thrower.

I’ve taken yesterday and today off and only have to go in tomorrow to do a tiny head count. Then I think I’ll take extra days in January. I’m just going to paint Warhammer models and listen to Neil Young. Or maybe Bolt Thrower.
and do the iFour quiz!

feel better soon, John

That’s really shit, and I’m sorry to hear it. Take care of yourself and enjoy the downtime if you can.

That’s really shit, and I’m sorry to hear it. Take care of yourself and enjoy the downtime if you can.
I had a daddy-daughter fun day today after I collected her from school. Too much hot chocolate and cake; she’s comatose on the couch watching power rangers and I’m not much more active!

I had a seizure over the weekend so now I can’t drive for a year. Fuck 2020, it’s now screwed my 2021.
I'm so sorry to hear this, that's extremely rough. Make sure and mind yourself and try not to stress about it (easier said than done, I'm sure). A good excuse to take it a bit easier. All the very best to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back