Talk about your dreams (1 Viewer)

What do you think of the theory that cheese affects your dreams? It's definitely true imo, blue cheese in particular. If I have blue cheese in the house I'd often eat some just before bedtime to make the night a bit more interesting. It doesn't make them happier or scarier, just more vivid and with more complex plot lines

If you want some exciting dreams you could try taking Valerian root extract.

I've woken up traumatized and appalled at myself for dreaming the sort of stuff I came up with on Valerian.

It totally does. Same goes for anything that's difficult to digest. So a new prescription or drugs. You're brain is saying "dammit body, what the hell is going on down there?!", which manifests as crazy dreams. I'm similar to you, cheese makes for really vivid and complex dreams.

As much as I love pizza, no pizza after 8pm.
I just had a pizza a little while ago but it seems to be only blue cheese that does the dream thing for me. I see it in a generally positive light since these dreams are the most interesting and exciting thing in my life

Well, good for you and go for it. I also agree with flashback re the valerian. It's supposed to be a sleep aid but it messes me up.

I once cheese-dreamed the best ever episode of Black Mirror, a fully realised 90 minute story. That was cool because it wasn't anything to do with me, but usually my cheese dreams involve weird things happening to people I know.

i have several times dreamed the most incredible music (or so it appeared in my dream) and when i woke up, couldn't remember for the life of me what it was. i've a tin ear, so i wouldn't have been able to reproduce it anyway.

The fuck is @hermie ?

No pizzza after 8pm? What's the point in life then. Fuck those dreams.
If I eat pizza after 8pm, that means I can't go to bed until at least 2am. I need to process it before sleep, otherwise it's Crazy Sleepy Time.

I have had much issues with sleep in a very palpably detrimental way, but I think I've almost got it sussed over the last 3 or 4 years. My methods aren't rational or healthy, but they work better for me than what I had before. I'm almost a functional reliable person now. So yeah, no pizza after 8pm (except if) is one of the many rules. I'm not advocating it for everyone.

God damn that sucks. Sorry @seanc

To be fair, i won't touch a sip of caffeine after 12pm. After 30 years of terrible sleep, that decision seemed to help.

Absolutely ripping reading that thread of all those dickheads drinking different types of cheap coke. FUCK YOUS.

I suppose the crappy bread doesn't help either. But heavy to digest meals late in the evening are a no no.

But cheese especially. And yes, as huidauuadaduadad said, something like blue cheese makes my dreams especially crazy.

When I first heard EARTH (Dylan Carlsson) in 1993, I couldn't figure out what they were trying to do and I only knew a few Melvins songs at the time.

So that night I had dream where a cave man walks out of his cave and a boulder rolls down from above the cave entrance and kills him, then it happened again and the scene kept repeating over and over with a track off EARTH 2 playing the whole time as the cave man kept getting crushed to death.

I don't have many dreams.
What about dreams where you are playing music ? I can't play a note but sometimes I dream I'm playing some great tunes. Do people with some musical ability have these dreams like this ?

My dreams are usually a bizarre mashup of stuff over the days prior.

I've been known to sleepwalk, talk and shout, and I went through a phase of trying to dig through the mattress to save my kid. Or so I've been told, I don't actually remember when it happens. I'm usually under horrible stress when the 'acting out' and/or talking and walking happens.

I have bone chilling nightmares too, the last one wasn't too long ago and I'm still creeped out by how normal everything seemed in the dream. It was fucking horrible though, the thing that made it a nightmare as opposed to a regular dream.

Sleep and dreaming is pretty fascinating though.

I've been known to sleepwalk

Do you still do this? I didn't even know i was sleepwalking, because I thought sleepwalking was the one with your eyes closed and arms out, bumping about Dawn Of The Dead style.

I'd just get up, eyes open, and do shit. I'd be cooking breakfast for the family, packing up thing (poorly) for school, emptying the dishwasher, and strolling out the door to go to school, at 3am.

My Dad would usually catch me on the way out of the place, and ask me what's going on. I didn't even seem like I was sleeping, I'd apparently interact with people, but not make sense. (So much the same there wha?)

But yeah, it's sort of scary. It tapered off later in life. I don't think I do it at all now.

Yea, similar, but less of the pottering about. I've found myself totally disorientated in the hall loads of times so I was probably on my way to potter about but came to beforehand hahaha.
I had the usual night terrors as a kid and from what I'm told I was acting totally terrified but then would lie down and go to sleep. In my 20s I got that sleep paralysis thing and was convinced everywhere I lived was haunted. Then someone told me about sleep paralysis so that made more sense than a ghost following me around.
I completely freaked my ex out with my nighttime shenanigans, I'd 'wake up' and shout at thin air or start screaming about something, or ask him something that made no sense, so he was convinced I was doing it to fuck with him. (Maybe subconsciously I was?) Current partner hasn't been subjected but who knows what the future holds!
I think I turned on my Christmas tree lights the other night while I was asleep, I plugged them out before bed but they were plugged in the following morning.
Anyway, thankfully I've never done anything mental like drive or cook.

i have heard a theory that you can teach yourself to lucid dream if you start writing down your dreams on wakening, part of disabling the mechanism where your brain deliberately forgets them.

chap i was in school with was able to do it. he got confused one day when someone was talking about a nightmare, and asked 'why don't you just change it?'
he was a real american military aficionado, so most of his dreams involved strafing villages in A10s i suspect.

I only sleepwalk if I'm both quite drunk and somewhere unfamiliar.

Which was great craic when I moved into a new flat and showed up at the bedroom door of my new flatmate in my jocks. She was a good sport about it "This isn't your room seanc, you're asleep, turn around". "Grrrbllll grrrblll, the chickens are in the airship. Grrrblll".

Or another time I found myself having a one night stand. I woke up in the hall in my jocks with her going "No! he's a friend! and some dude standing there, in his own jocks, with a baseball bat.

I had the usual night terrors as a kid ... sleep paralysis

Here, did anyone experience either of these two things:

- You'd lose depth perception, and the whole world was essentially resting against your eyeballs, everything was... kind of on top of you. Hard to explain, but if I was drifting off to sleep there were times where some visual processing element of my brain would shut down, and the images all jumped to me and wrapped around me, everything seemed to be the same distance apart, and everything seemed very close.

- You'd go into a mode where almost all objects are obscenely thick and chunky and would be sickening and frightening, or painfully thin to the extent you could feel them slipping and squeezing through your teeth. The thick thin was particularly scary because it's something that doesn't go away quickly. The no depth perception would pop on if you got a fright and woke up more, but the thin/thick thing was horrible since you'd have to touch your bed frame (obscenely thick) and banisters, likewise, and then come down and have to see the fire guard in front of the fire, which had excruciatingly thin wires that I'd have to not look at.

I have no recollection of starting this thread.

Also, last night I had a horrid dream where I was in a public jacks somewhere and lads were taking a dump in the urinals.

I know thats standard fare around the midlands, but still, horrid.

it was toss-up between here and the wtf thread for this post.

i have heard a theory that you can teach yourself to lucid dream if you start writing down your dreams on wakening, part of disabling the mechanism where your brain deliberately forgets them.
My kid can do this. I remember one dream where I was aware I was dreaming. It wasnt an interestj g dream, I was walking around a town I lived in for a few years but I was able to decide which streets to walk down.

Here, did anyone experience either of these two things:
I know what you mean by the first one. The way I experience it is like someone is sitting on my legs. Then I feel an awful sense of dread and a nefarious presence (i.e. ghost). When I try to move I'm totally paralysed and the more terrified I become the less paralysed I am. As soon as I can move again the sense of dread and evil goes too. Its horrible 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back