Who wants to be a millionaire (1 Viewer)

Look at us now though.

Look. At. Us. NOW.

My mate actually started Keane in his fancy school, and I told him it was a rubbish name for a band.
We had The Thrills. David Kitt was a few years ahead of my. Possibly him out the door in 6th year as I was coming in for 1st year.

no fancy bands came from the school i went to. the surgeon at rorke's drift (i.e. the battle 'zulu' was based on) went there though. and colin farrell, who was in my year.

Hasn't this become an interesting thread?
There's a couple of famous people that went to my school. Not many, but I don't want to say since that data will be harvested by pricks.

Liam O'Moalaigh (however you spell his name) was riding a girl in my class, and dropping her off into school in the morning.

I'm not sure what the age of consent is in Ireland, but if felt a bit off at the time.

Ugh, my stomach drops, that's for a different thread isn't it? We all have similar stories.

Count John McCormack went to my school. Oh, and Westlife.

Anyways, love a good quiz me. University Challenge is the only TV programme I watch weekly- the questions do prioritise the idea of a kind of standard repertoire of high culture to a fairly ridiculous extent. Shakespeare/Classical Music/Pre-raphaelites etc etc all pop up so often.

Anyways- it is also the scene of possibly the funniest question & answer combo I know of. I must have watched this 100 times and still hasn't worn off..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ronan Keating. Roddy Doyle.

Win some, lose some.

So, my Dad went to a fancy Jesuit school, and I can see that they got this very broad grounding in a lot of subjects, particularly the classics, that scotes like me who went to normal state schools just didn't get. And a mate of mine went to one of these very expensive schools and then off to a public boarding school in England, and again they did have a much wider seeming curriculum.

Like, I'm not saying that these schools are better, neither my mate nor my Dad liked them at all, but there's a difference.
It's a bit like when I meet rich Americans who went to expensive schools and they were all reading the Russian classics and Greek mythology at 15 and i'm like "I was reading Terry Pratchett and Melody Maker." The foundational stuff they just take for granted i'm forever playing catchup on and will forever BE playing catchup on, but then again they don't know anything about King Adora.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back