Ads you HATE!! (1 Viewer)

Ads using Queen music.
Queen were a great band. I'm a fan.....but for me overexposure fatigue is kicking in and I can't switch or skip the ad quick enough now. The whole heritage music act business model of wringing every last penny for these bands is getting on my nerves. The musical, the movie, the ads, the video game, the box sets, the fucking hologram tour......Queen were always rampant capitalists, I know, but it's irritating.

Last edited:
"Is he really coming Mum?"
"Eh no actually he rang yesterday and said he fucking hates you and never wants to see you again, you little dickhead"
Is it just me or does the grandad look a bit off in this one? Like the reason he's so late is because he was down in the pub all night. It creeps me out every time.

Ads using Queen music.
Queen were a great band. I'm a fan.....but for me overexposure fatigue is kicking in and I can't switch or skip the ad quick enough now. The whole heritage music act business model of wringing every last penny for these bands is getting on my nerves. The musical, the movie, the ads, the video game, the box sets, the fucking hologram tour......Queen were always rampant capitalists, I know, but it's irritating.
I can't remember if it was some insurance company or what but whoever was using that Don't Stop Me Now soundalike cover that lasted all of about 5 seconds right at the end of their advert a few years back, so bad it was good for me.

Ads using Queen music.
a moot point but I can't remember a time when there wasn't loads of Queen songs on adverts.
the first time I heard Another One Bites The Dust was on a Persil washing powder advert.
I Want To Break Free ? A Seat car advert
Don't Stop Me Now ? Club Orange advert circa 1984 set in a school.

this is all in the mid 80's.
only Iggy gives them a run for their money when it comes to flogging his songs.

I was home over the holidays and I did note the, shall we say, difference in ads.

A lot of them are the same. Harvey Norman doesn't exist in the UK. Other ads were wildly sentimental. The Irish ad-makers are REALLY good at that.
Dad and I had a lovely bonding moment as we both concurrently considered shooting that baby deer as it flew away (I think it's a Supervalu ad?). I pointed my invisible shotgun to the screen and he chuckled. Happy times.

The one that stuck in my craw was the ad with the music that was a soundalike of "Money for Nothing". I believe it was an ad selling microwave ovens, or custom kitchens of some sort.

my mother used to read this magazine 35-40 years ago. these adverts reinforced my misogynistic views.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's an on NT about how it's great to be European, or something.

All the many voices come together at the end and they just end up sounding like The Borg.

Still am not a fan of any advertisement on Irish radio with an English voice
Ponce off back to your posh RP school
We won a war against you

That said, the D4 fuckers they get to do the Irish ads, where they pronounce 'smart' as 'smort' - also not a fan

I always looked on our War of Independence more as us annoying us the Brits so much they got sick of it and fucked off, rather than an actual war war
I think technically the term is asymmetrical annoying :)

But yeah, we just made the cost too high for them
When brutality stopped working, they had no other answers

Anyways
Fuck Tesco

That radio ad that starts with “And your dad says’Girlie, you want to get yourself sorted with health insurance before you’re 30.’…”

Irritates the fucking bollocks off me no end

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back