Space is the Place (1 Viewer)

1431378331-screen-shot-2015-05-11-at-50445-pm.png

There is currently a worldwide shortage of astronomy equipment, which is a problem for my getting a telescope plans

i've resisted the urge to buy a telescope many times in the last few years. i simply don't get out to dark sites enough to justify it. i got a decent one as my 21st present and it was criminally underused, so i ended up donating it to astronomy ireland a few years ago. it was probably four foot long and bastard to transport. made of industrial piping.

Get a great night sky here, or at least we do the two days a month it's not overcast

do you have a decent pair of binoculars? that's usually the advice given, get the bins first and follow up with a telescope.
I've come across that but no one seems to be saying why aside from "that's what I did". But no, don't have any binoculars.

i think the advice is usually given as a way of dipping your toe to confirm you have the bug, rather than going all out on an expensive purchase and realising you don't like standing in a field getting cold. our best skies here usually happen on cold still nights.

i think the advice is usually given as a way of dipping your toe to confirm you have the bug, rather than going all out on an expensive purchase and realising you don't like standing in a field getting cold. our best skies here usually happen on cold still nights.
Ah it's grand, we can just go out the back door onto a balcony deck thing we have.

Binoculars are easier to manage, you're more likely to use them, and you can see a surprising amount with them.
what Binoculars shall I get so?

7x50 or possibly 10x50 - the 7 is the magnification, the 50 is the diameter of the main lenses. i.e. they gather a decent amount of light, and don't magnify it too much (so they're brighter and easier to scan the sky with - the larger the magnification, the narrower the field of view, so it makes navigating the sky a little harder)

avoid zoom binoculars at all costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back