Minor Pleasures (6 Viewers)

Back in the late 90s when Stoat was looking for a drummer we called around to this lads house who seemed to be interested. Yer man answered the door and went off to get his drumsticks, and meanwhile an animal that was, as far as I could tell, a fully grown wolf trotted out of the house someplace and stuck its nose right into my balls. I stood very still. Eventually yer man returned, called off the wolf, and off we went to the practice studio or whatever

Back in the late 90s when Stoat was looking for a drummer we called around to this lads house who seemed to be interested. Yer man answered the door and went off to get his drumsticks, and meanwhile an animal that was, as far as I could tell, a fully grown wolf trotted out of the house someplace and stuck its nose right into my balls. I stood very still. Eventually yer man returned, called off the wolf, and off we went to the practice studio or whatever

How was his drumming?

After about 10 years I finally changed the strings on my electro-acoustic guitar. Fuck me. It sounds amazing.

I had planned to just change one string that was about to break but decided, what the hell, you're on your holidays*. (*also a minor pleasure)

After about 10 years I finally changed the strings on my electro-acoustic guitar. Fuck me. It sounds amazing.

I had planned to just change one string that was about to break but decided, what the hell, you're on your holidays*. (*also a minor pleasure)
It's amazing the difference a string change can make. I changed the strings on my violin last week, hadn't changed them in about a year, and fuckin hell it's a different instrument all of a sudden.

It's amazing the difference a string change can make. I changed the strings on my violin last week, hadn't changed them in about a year, and fuckin hell it's a different instrument all of a sudden.
This is it. I never bothered as I only play the guitar at home on my own but this is so loud and bright now. I'd got used to the gradual decline in quality and didn't give it a second thought.

I have an urge to go busking.

I also realise that after about 35 years of playing guitar I still can't restring properly, but that's for the #minorcomplaints forum

This is it. I never bothered as I only play the guitar at home on my own but this is so loud and bright now. I'd got used to the gradual decline in quality and didn't give it a second thought.

I have an urge to go busking.

I also realise that after about 35 years of playing guitar I still can't restring properly, but that's for the #minorcomplaints forum
Yeah I only changed mine because I was actually recording for somebody for once, but then after I changed them I realised that I've been so consistent with playing this year that they were probably even more worn out than they usually would be after I spend a year not changing them.

I used to change my snare skin before a recording session or a big gig, always a brilliant feeling, and sound. I use homemade drums now, and changing skins is a major pain in the bawbag, haven't done it since i built the bastards. They're super easy to tune though, so that helps a bit. I HATE breaking sticks, I get way too used to my sticks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back