PlayStation 5 (2 Viewers)

this better be a very small man

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Got mine pre-ordered last week. None of the launch titles particularly float my boat but. Wonder if VR games will look betteragain, like they did with the PS Pro.

Can’t hurt, can it? Limiting factor will probably be the headset screen resolution & refresh rate but I’m too lazy to check.

The PS4 camera doesn’t work with the ps5 but I think they’re doing a free adapter cable thing. Or just buy the new one, sigh.

turns out the PS5 camera doesn't work for PSVR so you need the cable. Also you need a dual shock 4.

turns out the PS5 camera doesn't work for PSVR so you need the cable. Also you need a dual shock 4.

Yeah I just read that this morning in a story google pushed to my news feed. So just hang on to current gen camera (get an adaptor) and hang on to a current gen dual shock?

"psvr support"

The size of the fan in it! I'd say itll sound like a hoover in a few weeks

About your request

Your request for a PlayStation®Camera Adaptor has been received.

We will contact you again about the status of your request. If granted, shipments are expected to begin around mid-November 2020.

Make sure you check out our in-depth FAQ to find out more about using the PlayStation Camera Adaptor: PlayStation®Camera adaptor FAQ

We sincerely thank you for being a loyal PlayStation®VR owner.

Regards,
The PlayStation Team

Sony has balanced out that good news with some bad. After indicating a second incarnation of the PSVR is still years away, the company has confirmed that upcoming VR releases for “Hitman 3” and “No Man’s Sky” will only be available if you buy and play the PS4 version of the games.

A Sony rep tells UploadVR that PSVR on the PS5 is only backwards compatible, meaning only playable with PS4 versions, and “we have not announced PS5 titles for PS VR.” Sony is currently giving away a free adaptor which allows the use of PlayStation VR when playing supported PS4 games on a PS5 console.

The good news is when you’re done with the PS4 version, both game titles are offering free upgrades to the PS5 version.

more on that: Sony: No New PSVR Games On PS5, Hitman, NMS Need PS4 Version

Your PlayStation®Camera Adaptor is on the way

Great news! Your request for a PlayStation Camera Adaptor has been processed and is on its way to you.

This usually takes approximately 3 to 6 business days.

I can't believe that I'm actually excited by this controller. The feeling of ice skating is amazing. The feeling of pushing through bushes and then bumping into a beach-ball - all somehow arriving via haptic feedback.... and those triggers..... It's black magic.

Still waiting for games I actually want to play though... i mean apart from Demons Souls, but I'm not starting another Fromsoft game until I finish the last boss fight in Sekiro. Myself and Mrs. Pants bought it for ourselves as a combined birthday/xmas present to eachother for 2020. Getting it day one was our insurance policy against stock not being available for a while. I'm not all that jazzed about Cyberpunk 2077, but might get it anyway as a cannonball splash into next gen next gen.

yeah the controller is really impressive... reading about it beforehand i was a bit meh yeah whatever, but it really adds to some of the games.

I'm playing Miles Morales and it's good fun... i haven't finished the first Spiderman game yet. Like an idiot I didn't do my homework and bought the standard PS5 disc version, instead of just buying the digital version and having the option to upgrade to the ultimate edition one to get the remastered version of ps4 Spiderman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back