Google Photos (1 Viewer)

chris d

Supporter
Cock it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1605192425130.png
Alright!
I pay $1.99 a month for 100gb on google and I'm using 25gb of it according to their estimation link. I think I have every photo I ever took on it but I'm not a photographer and I have hardly any video. But maybe it mightn't be too big a disaster for most normal people

Ive everything backed up as 'high quality', for free. It's great. At least it was.

Couldn't believe it was unlimited when i finally committed to using the cloud.

high quality is grand for photos but to be honest it kind of makes complete shite of your lovely iphone 4k videos when it downscales them to 1080p. It's ok for looking at on a phone but i still keep a full quality backup elsewhere.

ive got 2 hard drives on the go for data dumps every few months. but it is pretty sweet scrolling back 10 years + of photos on my phone.

I'm glad they are baking in the AI stuff for finding shit photos, it'll save me having to do it. I've it baked into my laptop for the drive and dont really use anything outside that silo, so they've probably got me roped in at this stage.

Myself and a friend both run low-power tiny fanless PCs 24/7 *anyway* and we're looking at doing a shared photo/video backup between the two of us and letting the cloud services go to hell. We'll be each-other's cloud. We will both host a large hard drive and keep a local copy that then is automatically mirrored to the other person's house. Encrypted of course. Anyone any experience doing something like this?

@pete (no doubt): "There's all sorts of reasons you won't want to do this / this is impractical" :)

Myself and a friend both run low-power tiny fanless PCs 24/7 *anyway* and we're looking at doing a shared photo/video backup between the two of us and letting the cloud services go to hell. We'll be each-other's cloud. We will both host a large hard drive and keep a local copy that then is automatically mirrored to the other person's house. Encrypted of course. Anyone any experience doing something like this?

@pete (no doubt): "There's all sorts of reasons you won't want to do this / this is impractical" :)
there’s probably 27 open source projects for this. I think you can do something similar with CrashPlan too. If you’ve both got the upload & download speeds to manage it, then why not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back