Santa question (1 Viewer)

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
So, I've 2 kids, 6 and 8. They're both still at the age where they believe in Santa and we want them to enjoy that for another little while.
Anyways, one of the neighbour kids, who's 8, was telling my 6yo that Santa isn't real and that she'd found presents her mam hid. Was kind of annoyed but I had a quiet word with the neighbour kid, just saying "look, could you not say this to my daughter, she still believes in Santa, is that ok?" I was really nice about it, I always am. Anyways, I found out this morning that she repeated that entire conversation back to my 6 year old. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty pissed off with the little fucker. Kind of want to say something to her mam but think that might make it worse.

What would you guys do here?

And i would absolutely say it to the neighbour.

Well, I mean I wouldn't because I don't really talk to any of the neighbours (surprise!), but you definitely should.

Was walking home with Lily a couple of years ago, she was about 7
"Dad, *** says that Santa isn't real...."

I was totally blindsided, and all I could do was splutter out
"Yeah, well, *** is an idiot"

She was perfectly happy with that
Thats often the way,stupid adults overthinking

second that approach.
back in the old days my dad told me protestants didnt believe in santa in a similar situation.
at the time I also believed that protestants had tea and biscuits instead of communion, so I was an easy mark

I've been saying variations of that too over the last while

when I think about it Santa (and some other things) are more for the benefit of adults than kids.

ever get disappointed when a small child can't get excited about Xmas presents ?
that's what I mean.

I seem to recall that Santa's existence was a topic of lively debate when I was a child with various opinions and bits of evidence put forward. You can't really blame the child for sharing the pretty significant discovery of the hidden toys during a discussion. Just say it's a misunderstanding and let them get on with it.

when I think about it Santa (and some other things) are more for the benefit of adults than kids.

ever get disappointed when a small child can't get excited about Xmas presents ?
that's what I mean.

Oh yeah, I'm not gonna deny that. It's brilliant seeing their excitement. It's nearly half the reason for having kids

I seem to recall that Santa's existence was a topic of lively debate when I was a child with various opinions and bits of evidence put forward. You can't really blame the child for sharing the pretty significant discovery of the hidden toys during a discussion. Just say it's a misunderstanding and let them get on with it.
Nah, I'm following @Lili Marlene and @flashback's advice

Fairly sure my parents made that one up on the spot. I mean, it might start getting convoluted with questions about rules but it worked for a while with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back