forthcoming film trailers (7 Viewers)

I actually think Christopher Walkens accent isn't that bad. He seems to grasp the outright contempt for humanity that so many farmer men have, just by saying "Shur" or needlessly going past participle.

Yeah Hollywood releases one of these twee begorrah Irish movies once every few years looks no more offensive than the other 100 of its kind

The MatchMaker is a surprisingly good take on that genre. They got in Glinner (before he went insane) to punch up the dialogue and it's actually a pretty decent watch.

Wild Mountain Thyme Seems to be based on a play called Outside Mullingar. Is this what the Dogging In Mullingar crowd were working on all this time?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought when I watched the trailer for this movie that it just was a piss take
of American Paddy movies.

think Scary Movie etc. maybe it's actually just supposed to be a cliched comedy ?
Killinascully isn't any funnier.

If we think we fare badly in Hollywood portrayals of Ireland, Imagine how the Scots
and Italians feel. at we least we can laugh.

The late Dr. Jack Shaheen extensively studied the portrayal of Arabs and Muslims in
1000 American movies in his documentary Reel Bad Arabs.
Shaheen found 936 of them showed Muslims and Arabs negatively and that a mere
12 were positive. e.g. Morgan Freeman's character in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

Reel Bad Arabs - Wikipedia

Jack Shaheen - Wikipedia

Warning: the trailer features a lot of clips of anti Muslim violence from movies.

I need to go back and read the books again to see if they hold up but considering all the reshoots and different writers jumping in and out of this project (Charlie Kaufman was writing it at one point!) there's a fair chance it'll be a disaster

I need to go back and read the books again to see if they hold up but considering all the reshoots and different writers jumping in and out of this project (Charlie Kaufman was writing it at one point!) there's a fair chance it'll be a disaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back