Minor complaints thread (13 Viewers)

I'm always looking at red, orange and mustard clothes online and going, ooh that could be nice, and then reminding myself that I am Irish and ham-coloured clothes will always look woeful on me.

I came to a point of realisation sometime last year that i have blue eyes and brown hair and have opted to just buy blue or brown clothes for the rest of my life to simplify things for me and everyone else around me.

Only administrators, checkusers, and oversighters can view the content of deleted pages. This is considered necessary because deleted pages may contain copyright violations, personal information, libel, and so forth, and making such material publicly available could be problematic.
no i mean the external links down the bottom of the page

@jonah IT DOESN'T MATTER! It's just work. You don't always need to be doing your best

Oh its true!!! I'd normally be on board with doing a bare minimum, but this is one of those things where the work has to get done, and it has to get done by me, so I'm really just fucking myself.

i just found it odd that pages with links that were flagged as being dead didn't automatically insert an archive.org version

I had a zoom singing lesson at 2.30, so arranged for a grandparent to pick the eldest up from the school bus ... and then drove off at 2.30 in a mad rush to meet the school bus and waited around for ages wondering why it wasn't arriving, and if it had already gone where my eldest could be

My minor complaint is I'm a dope

Decided to try and set up the new PC I bought before the first lockdown. No matter what I try I can't get the monitor to work.
Worst of all I now can't get it to work on my current PC either so unless I figure it out I'll have to travel to the office for the first time in ages on Tuesday. 5km limit my hole. Currently rehearsing what I'll tell the Gardai if I'm stopped.

Decided to try and set up the new PC I bought before the first lockdown. No matter what I try I can't get the monitor to work.
Worst of all I now can't get it to work on my current PC either so unless I figure it out I'll have to travel to the office for the first time in ages on Tuesday. 5km limit my hole. Currently rehearsing what I'll tell the Gardai if I'm stopped.
Tell them you're on the way to the donut shop

Define not working.

Got the old pc up and running again so it'll do fir now. The issue seems to be the Displayport port/cable. There is no signal to the monitor when I try that port. Hopefully I can source some new cables in the town

bought a Lightning to HDMI converter thing for my wife's socially distanced teaching. Yea grand.
Trying to avoid Amazon I bought it from Frugo. Took fucking ages to arrive, too long. Finally this week, plugged it in connected everything. In order to work it wants you to scan a QR code from the TV which brings you to some, I presume, dodgy website where you have to allow this little device to access your phone for god knows what reason.
Eff that, I'm sending it back unused. But we are now 3 weeks into teaching and this is something she needed.
Hating tech.
Apple

bought a Lightning to HDMI converter thing for my wife's socially distanced teaching. Yea grand.
Trying to avoid Amazon I bought it from Frugo. Took fucking ages to arrive, too long. Finally this week, plugged it in connected everything. In order to work it wants you to scan a QR code from the TV which brings you to some, I presume, dodgy website where you have to allow this little device to access your phone for god knows what reason.
Eff that, I'm sending it back unused. But we are now 3 weeks into teaching and this is something she needed.
Hating tech.

I do not have the firewire adapter you were trying to source, soz

I had a zoom singing lesson at 2.30, so arranged for a grandparent to pick the eldest up from the school bus ... and then drove off at 2.30 in a mad rush to meet the school bus and waited around for ages wondering why it wasn't arriving, and if it had already gone where my eldest could be

My minor complaint is I'm a dope
what did the singing lesson involve ?

if i was singer I'd say I would go hoarse after two nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back