Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (3 Viewers)

Im not convinced closing retail right now is a great idea. The crowds its going to cause on reopening will be crazy.but sure,theyll have a plan.

Not even considering the effect on shop closures.

But sure (fuck) amazon has everything

The hairdressers beside me is still open at this time this evening.
They do not usually open at all on Mondays.

---
I did think wolf parade cancelling their gigs was an overreaction. They I think were the first of one of the first.
I was wrong.

When in March, everything else got cancelled, I felt relieved

Ha, so back into lockdown because everything was opened up too quickly and with too little thought anyway.
The government are now restoring the top rate of €350 PUP, so the question of course is why the top rate for the last 6 weeks was reduced from €350 to €300 per week? If it's back at €350 now, why did it change? Maybe I missed the memo in September where the price of everything in Ireland went down by 15% for 6 weeks?
Finally, who do I contact now to claim the back-pay of €350 for the last 6 weeks (i.e €300 at €50x6)?

It's almost as if unless you're rich, you can just get lost.

Lets hope that those of us that are doing masks, washing hands etc, make at least an appreciable difference in the flu figures this winter. Surely the less of that the better around now.

You'd imagine there might actually be far less flu around this Winter if everybody has to stay the fuck away from each other.
A massive amount of the flu spread every year has to be from dickheads that go in to work anyway when they're sick.

Tell ya what, remember Paddy's Day got cancelled. That was classsssss.

Anyway I would actually agree that totally closing the shops now seems counter-productive and will surely lead to a fucking nightmare before Christmas that would probably bring the virus right back.
From what I've seen a lot of the shops have made big efforts to put cleaning/screens/mask efforts in place, and to control the amount of people inside. Seems to me that just let the shops stay open with the condition that they properly limit the number of people inside at any one time is a much better idea at this point. If people have to queue outside, fuck em, and the spread of it is greatly reduced outdoors anyway.

Tell ya what, remember Paddy's Day got cancelled. That was classsssss.

Anyway I would actually agree that totally closing the shops now seems counter-productive and will surely lead to a fucking nightmare before Christmas that would probably bring the virus right back.
From what I've seen a lot of the shops have made big efforts to put cleaning/screens/mask efforts in place, and to control the amount of people inside. Seems to me that just let the shops stay open with the condition that they properly limit the number of people inside at any one time is a much better idea at this point. If people have to queue outside, fuck em, and the spread of it is greatly reduced outdoors anyway.

I heard the queues at Smyths were mental earlier today. Which is kind of mental because they have an online store

The new Level 5 is a big fuck off to the places that did actually put loads of effort into bringing in protective measures and capacity limiting. In the same way when Dublin went to level 3 and all the cinemas shut, I was in a bunch of cinemas before that and it seemed to me they all had really good systems for distancing people and cleaning and making sure everyone was wearing masks until they were sat down. Then it was just "Hey fuck all you, level 3."

I heard the queues at Smyths were mental earlier today. Which is kind of mental because they have an online store
apropos of nothing else, a good few years ago, a talking elmo doll came out coming up to christmas and the news was full of stories of people going bananas in the states, queueing outside toy stores and pulling guns on each other, etc.
so a lad i work with went down to smyths and was able to buy about a dozen (because supply lines were fine here) and sell them to irish people desperate to get their hands on them, but hadn't actually checked if they could be had here. IIRC, he paid 60 quid each for them and sold them for 90 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back