Jaysus cycling! (4 Viewers)

yep - the one with the knackered seat tube was way too big for me anyway.
a lad in waterford is going to take that one; if you're on instagram, check out paul.carroll.8valve - he reckons he may be able to sort it.

Looks alright.

You could set that up as a cross bike. The clearances are all big, bosses on the top of the top tube, angles are fairly relaxed. The Bottom bracket came out ok?

You could set it up as a 1x cross bike? Heh.

I'm into that English Racing Green colour too. It could end up nice.

i had less hassle disassembling than expected (mainly). nothing a little heat couldn't solve. last bit (this evening) was the lower bearing race at the fork crown - there had been some overspray of paint onto the steerer tube which meant that it was fairly well stuck on but once i gave it a blast with a heat gun, looks like the paint softened enough to let it go.

getting the crankset off was the hardest part.

not surprising, really. A cracking race, but something a bit off about having it in October.

Must check the calendar. They haven't had the Tour of Flanders yet either, have they? Its strange some of the Ardennes classics have been run off, but the northern classics haven't. Those are usually done in the opposite order.

Everything is fucked.

not surprising, really. A cracking race, but something a bit off about having it in October.

Must check the calendar. They haven't had the Tour of Flanders yet either, have they? Its strange some of the Ardennes classics have been run off, but the northern classics haven't. Those are usually done in the opposite order.

Everything is fucked.

Flanders is scheduled for next Sunday

It's gent wevelgem due tomorrow and scheldeprijs on wednesday

Pity about roubaix

Simon Yates has covid and has left the Giro. the rest of the Mitchelton-Scott riders and staff are negative.

cyclingnews link:

Simon Yates out of Giro d'Italia after testing positive for coronavirus

Fuck. That's not good.

The problem with it is even if you clear the virus without getting sick, it seems to have a tendancy to screw up capillaries and induce these weird little clots which lead to tissue damage. Man.

I hope the rest of the staff and team dodge the bullet.

A FILM BY KIERON J. WALSH

THE RACER

LOUIS TALPE IAIN GLEN TARA LEE

IN IRISH CINEMAS NOVEMBER 13TH

THE RACE IS WON BY THE ONE WHO SUFFERS THE MOST

Feel the pressure in The Racer, an intense and thrilling story of sporting highs and lows at the world’s most prestigious cycling event.

Vertigo Releasing is thrilled to announce the acquisition of The Racer, which they will be releasing in Irish cinemas and on digital platforms on 13th November 2020. Vertigo Releasing acquired the film for the UK and Ireland from Independent, and is partnering with Wildcard Distribution on the Irish release.

In summer 1998, the opening stages of Le Tour de France are relocated to Ireland. At the start of what will likely be his last Tour, cyclist Dom Chabol (Louis Talpe) is dropped from the Team he has dedicated his life to. Team masseur and best friend Sonny (Iain Glen), who helped keep Dom at peak performance through illegal blood doping, fails to reassure him about his future. However a chance liaison with Lynn (Tara Lee), a young Irish doctor, softens the blow, and Dom starts to accept - and even enjoy - the idea of civilian life. But just as he gears up to head home, another teammate is knocked off the Tour and Dom is thrown back into the saddle. Now with the years of doping having taken a toll on his body, the racer may pay the ultimate price for a final shot at the glory that has eluded him his entire career…

Punctuated with black humour and fast-paced action, The Racer is an examination of the life-threatening pain and physical punishment world-class athletes will endure to rise to the top.

The film is produced by award winning Blinder Films (Love & Friendship, Vita & Virginia) in coproduction with Calach Films (Mammal) and Caviar (Sound of Metal, The Rider, Tabula Rasa) and stars Louis Talpe (Of Kings and Prophets), Matteo Simoni (Gangsta), Tara Lee (A Date For Mad Mary), Iain Glen (Game of Thrones) and is directed by Kieron J. Walsh (Jump, Finding Joy).

Written by Ciarán Cassidy (Jihad Jane) and Kieron J. Walsh with Blinder Films’ Katie Holly (Vita & Virginia, Love & Friendship, Citadel) and Yvonne Donohoe (Boys From County Hell, Extra Ordinary, Striking Out) producing and Jesus Gonzalez-Elvira from Calach Films co-producing along with Caviar’s Robin Kerremans and Dimitri Verbeeck.

The film is supported by Fís Éireann / Screen Ireland, Film Fund Luxembourg, Eurimages, Screen Flanders, the BAI Sound & Vision Fund and RTÉ.

Vertigo Releasing presents The Racer in Irish cinemas from 13th November

it doesn't look very promising.
why do you say that?

...oh. I just found the trailer.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Certain things look right; the little alarm going off if your pulse drops.

But the idea that a domestique is going to suddenly realize that he wants to win something at 39, and start doping? Or someone thinks a rider on a World Tour team is a professional loser?

"I play keeper for Real Madrid."
"Oh yeah? NICE! How many goals did you score last season?"
"Well, my job isn't really scoring g..."
"SO YOU'RE BASICALLY A PROFESSIONAL LOSER? GET OUT OF MY SIGHT YOU ABSOLUTE CUUUUUUUNT"

:cut to black screen:
- zoom in on keeper's face realising it's all been for nothing -
- footage of keeper sprinting off down the pitch screaming for the ball off the Argentinian forward -

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back