Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

I'd have been fuming if I was Hirschi.
I've been keeping tabs on him since he beat Bjorg Lambrecht (RIP)
to become World U23 Champ.
every time I see Marc I think of Bjorg.

the last 13 km was great.
Alaphilippe knew what he was doing even if it was in the heat of the moment
there was no excuse - you don't do shit like that, ever.
It really skewed the result. if there had been a clean sprint Roglic would
probably only finished fourth.

despite winning a Tour stage and the Fleche, Hirschi can count himself
unlucky not to have won another Tour stage, the mountains jersey and
now L-B-L.
he's been on fire. nearly time for him to take a break now.

I'd have been fuming if I was Hirschi.
I'd imagine by the time Hirschi got onto the podium he had just enough time to get past the initial feeling fury of being robbed, and into the realisation that he came very close to picking bits of himself up off the road and out of Pagacar's bike.

But yeah, it couldn't be clearer: he should have won.

Team Sunweb and UAE should be asking the UCI what they plan on doing about this. The UCI already has very little reason to exist, ignoring intentionally dangerous riders doesn't help their case.

The closing paragraph of this is hilarious.

However, despite claiming his anti-doping credentials in the afternoon, Freeman, who has previously admitted to destroying a British Cycling laptop with a screwdriver and not keeping up-to-date medical records, said: “I have to confess I had no knowledge of, and I had not read the small print, on possession of prohibited substances and prohibited methods – that never occurred to me,” Freeman said.

“You talk about this being small print, Dr Freeman,” Jackson replied. “It’s really a headline. It’s article two of the Wada code – anti-doping regulations. It’s not small print is it? It’s the whole premise of what the code’s about.”

that's like something a football player would say - 'I took medicines and didn't ever think to ask questions.'

Shane Sutton's behaviour in the Freeman case was par the course for him -
during a previous hearing Sutton tried to bully Freeman and was really aggressive
to him. Freeman gave evidence from behind a screen and Sutton told him to ''man up''.
thus completely confirming Freeman's claims about his bullying.

this a is quite detailed and staggering account:

Sutton storms out of medical tribunal

then there was the time Sutton went into the Common's Select Committee hearing
and started being very aggressive with the MP's saying the had a nerve to ask
him (and Brailsford) questions about the British track cycling team and doping.

Shane Sutton was the head coach of Welsh cycling for years :
the first time I heard of Nicole Cooke was as a 16 or 17 year old (she was also Junior
World Road Champ the following year).
Cooke wrote an open letter to Cycling Weekly the week before the Worlds saying if
she was successful it would be no thanks to British Cycling who had done little or
nothing to help her.
of course Nicole ended up winning the rainbow jersey that weekend.
I always thought she was awesome after that.

i have a book by Les Woodland 'The Unknown Tour de France' where he
goes to see the grave of Maurice Garin (1871 -1957) near Lille in the 1990's.

the janitor noticed him and told him the grave got few visitors but as a boy
he knew Garin who owned a garage / petrol station that still existed.
he said would speak to the older Garin who would sit outside his business and
watch the world go by.

the photograph on flashbak of Geminiani reminds me that at 95 he is very
much still alive 60 years after he got malaria with Coppi.

i see ronan mclaughlin has lost his crown:

Oh, ha. Right. I was there a few weeks back. I'm not sure if I was on that specific road, I think I might have been, I tooled around that area and noticed the roads would be amazing for a race. It never occurred to me as an Everesting location though, which is kind of obvious in retrospect.

The weather here is lovely now too. Yeah, I can see this as an excellent spot for it.

i'd been hoping for a nice bright metallic green, but they don't have anything much brighter than british racing green, in rattlecans in the local motor factors place. i guess it's not a colour motorists generally look for.

i'd been hoping for a nice bright metallic green, but they don't have anything much brighter than british racing green, in rattlecans in the local motor factors place. i guess it's not a colour motorists generally look for.

If it matters, british racing green was initially called Irish racing green as it was the colour used to race in ireland.
If you can get a colour code for that brand they might get one for you.

yeah, i'd heard that before - something to do with when they came over to kilkenny to race?

actually, you can kinda see it in that photo - the fork is not quite true. if you draw a line down through the steerer tube, it doesn't match the halfway point between the dropouts. it's about 5 or 10mm off. looks like a manufacturing defect rather than crash damage.

yeah, i'd heard that before - something to do with when they came over to kilkenny to race?

actually, you can kinda see it in that photo - the fork is not quite true. if you draw a line down through the steerer tube, it doesn't match the halfway point between the dropouts. it's about 5 or 10mm off. looks like a manufacturing defect rather than crash damage.

Yeah if its steel maybe throwing heat on it and muscular manly forces. I'd ride it first though.

i posted one a while back, a dawes where someone had put a smaller seatpost than they should have in, and clamped down hard so it damaged the seat tube. is that the one you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back