What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

I saw it in iMax so had the speakers blasting at me the whole time and it was a bit like being at a gig haha

Yeah, the sound was incredibly irritating. Relentless. Attempting to keep the whole thing at fever-pitch all the way through. It worked for Uncut Gems but really really doesn't work for this. My prediction - in the future, much like The Stone Roses, people will regard this film as a joke.

My prediction - in the future, much like The Stone Roses, people will regard this film as a joke.

giphy.gif

Yeah, the sound was incredibly irritating. Relentless. Attempting to keep the whole thing at fever-pitch all the way through. It worked for Uncut Gems but really really doesn't work for this. My prediction - in the future, much like The Stone Roses, people will regard this film as a joke.

I predict that in the future they will send the film backwards through time for Christopher Nolan to make it

Cornish film Bait which was on film 4 during the week. It's in black in white with some effects to make it look a little like some old news report from the 1950s. I missed the first half hour but the story was conveyed well sometimes by just focusing on everyday objects or briefly the characters in the film without any dialogue good sense of realism.

Cornish film Bait which was on film 4 during the week. It's in black in white with some effects to make it look a little like some old news report from the 1950s. I missed the first half hour but the story was conveyed well sometimes by just focusing on everyday objects or briefly the characters in the film without any dialogue good sense of realism.
I really liked this. They shot it on hand crank cameras from the 1920s which had no audio input meaning they had to dub the sound in post, which gave it that old bbc docudrama feel, and contributed to the atmosphere, I felt

Watched Okja at the weekend which is a Bong Joon Ho film from 2017. Think it came after Snowpiercer so was his second (mostly) English language feature (I think). About a little girl taking care of a genetically engineered "super-pig". It's got genetic engineering and animal rights activism and corporate greed and might put you off eating sausages. Good one for young teenagers. I enjoyed it. Does that Studio Ghibli thing of combining some very sweet sentimentalism with some things that are darker and more hard-hitting. There is a really great action/escape sequence set in Seoul near the start.

Also Notes On Rave on Friday night. Was never much of a raver but nevertheless recognised quite a few of the "heads" interviewed for this and knew all the spots well.

late last night in front of the first fire of the year, a british horror from 1973 called The Legend Of Hell House.
Really enjoyed it with a couple of beers. As you can guess, a haunted house story. Bought it on DVD years ago and only got around to watching it now. A good movie for what it is. Nails that 70s horror aesthetic and as a bonus, a cool Delia Derbyshire score

1601224661791.png

late last night in front of the first fire of the year, a british horror from 1973 called The Legend Of Hell House.
Really enjoyed it with a couple of beers. As you can guess, a haunted house story. Bought it on DVD years ago and only got around to watching it now. A good movie for what it is. Nails that 70s horror aesthetic and as a bonus, a cool Delia Derbyshire score

View attachment 14335
Great movie!

Apocalypse Now tonight for me

I haven’t seen it but I read the novel Hell House, it’s by Richard Matheson who wrote I Am Legend. The book was OK, it was too OTT for me. The mood was very much “Playboy presents Shirley Jackson”.

View attachment 14335

I haven’t seen it but I read the novel Hell House, it’s by Richard Matheson who wrote I Am Legend. The book was OK, it was too OTT for me. The mood was very much “Playboy presents Shirley Jackson”.
and the movie is not as good as The Haunting, although it's been years since Ive seen that.
as a 90 minute watch with good 70s horror mood and atmosphere, i'd recommend the movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back