BREXIT (4 Viewers)

Haha a tree shepherd fucking hell. Gimme that job though.

Of course, 25 years ago being gay was reason enough to be, uh, cancelled (for want of a better term) so you can't say nothing or nothing will change. hmm

but also

Reminds me of one of the great tweets.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

IMO whether a particular demand came from "the left" is neither here nor there. There is a large and very public cohort on twitter that identifies as left and does demand what regular people regard as "dumb woke stuff".

FWIW the Green movement has had this kind of problem forever. Remember the crusties protesting the widening of the road in the Glen of the Downs in the 90s? I went to a debate about that at the time, and one of the protestors introduced himself as "a tree shepherd". A fucking tree shepherd lads. He basically torpedoed his side's entire case

Piers Morgan basically repeated what the first dude said. He is a boiled dick, down to the last twist of his shameful DNA. Sarkar is exactly right.

Your Green story is brilliant. I searched for "Tree Shepherd", not much out there. I guess natural selection got him or something

I HATE how people are pissing away term "The Left". It means something important. We are atomised enough as it is without that.

I really don’t think “the left” (or at least whatever it is that that means in his feverish imaginings ... probably those people on Twitter he disagrees with) needs to be taking advice from Piers Morgan.

Sorry for starting this guys, what I was trying to get at was I do think that parties that are bringing policies left of the fucking torys or fine gael need to win those northern/rural (in Ireland) votes if they want to get anywhere and they won't do it through letting these silly ESSS JAYY DOUBLE YEWWW narratives dominate the news of their politics.

I (mostly) agree but wouldn’t like to that to be used as an excuse for throwing all social justice movements under a bus either. And it certainly suits all sorts of reactionaries and conservatives to make sure that the narrative is thusly dominated. Hence the tendency to exaggerate, misconstrue and obsess over this stuff.

I (mostly) agree but wouldn’t like to that to be used as an excuse for throwing all social justice movements under a bus either. And it certainly suits all sorts of reactionaries and conservatives to make sure that the narrative is thusly dominated. Hence the tendency to exaggerate, misconstrue and obsess over this stuff.
that's why I had the follow up tweet from Ash Sarkar!

i saw a tweet yesterday but can't find it now, but it was along the lines of 'no one told me 90% of activism was dealing with absolute doses'. which sums up a lot of causes, they all have their fringe extremists but some are better than others at dealing with/disassociating from them.

i saw a tweet yesterday but can't find it now, but it was along the lines of 'no one told me 90% of activism was dealing with absolute doses'. which sums up a lot of causes, they all have their fringe extremists but some are better than others at dealing with/disassociating from them.

I'd say that's fair. Every environmental activist meeting probably has someone turning up insisting they are a tree. Just as every Sinn Fein meeting probably has someone who wants to sing "Up The RA" at the end of it. Yeah, maybe some of them could do better at disassociating, but I would think that ultimately its more important that we (or at least those of us who are broadly sympathetic with their aims) need to do better at not buying into the narrative being pushed by their opponents - the one that seeks to use these fringe elements to define the movement in its entirety and discredit it by doing so. Whatever it is that "the movement" happens to be.

often the doses are the ones purest of heart and most ideologically 'untouchable' so well meaning organisations can't really expel them for being more virtuous than normal.

I imagine Trump might take the Azealia Banks view of Ireland if he thinks he can get a great trade deal with the UK.

I imagine Trump might take the Azealia Banks view of Ireland if he thinks he can get a great trade deal with the UK.
But as I understand it, even if Trump gets back in, the Dems will still control the house and would be able to block a trade deal with the UK if they wanted? Also, it's being spun in the British media that a US/UK trade deal is a great thing which both countries are raring for, but I don't think America gives a fuck, really?

But as I understand it, even if Trump gets back in, the Dems will still control the house and would be able to block a trade deal with the UK if they wanted? Also, it's being spun in the British media that a US/UK trade deal is a great thing which both countries are raring for, but I don't think America gives a fuck, really?
There's a lot of money to be made in the USA in privatising the NHS but ok, if they can block it then fair enough. The Dems would be stuck between what their donors want and their love of process and decorum I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back