I am a proud Craft Beer convert -- the Hipsters were right. (2 Viewers)

Catching up on Irish beer after quite a while:

The excellent - Larkin's Single Hop Strata;
The very good - Eight Degrees Glen of Imaal, Kinnegar Black Bucket, Wicklow Wolf Apex;
The decent - Yellowbelly Kellerbier, Yellowbelly Citra, Porterhouse XXXX, Wicklow Wolf Elevation;
The get down the sink - Whiplash Horse Power, Whiplash All Together, DOT Straight Up.

I'm sure the Yellowbelly Citra was much better when I've had it before. The Whiplash and DOT beers did nothing to change my mind that 87% of IPA variants in 440ml cans never deserve to leave whatever brewery they come from. Not to say the style isn't completely without its merits bit it is so hit and miss.
Whiplash All Together is one of the best beers I've ever tasted. I think we might have very different tastes though. Generally not mad on most of the Eight Degrees or Kinnegar stuff.

I took the weekend off after my sleep being rotten lately. Surprisingly difficult, which is a worry.

Don't know how 'craft' it is, but I've really been enjoying the New Belguim Voodoo Ranger stuff lately. The 1985 NEIPA is gorgeous, but does repeat the next day.

Whiplash All Together is one of the best beers I've ever tasted. I think we might have very different tastes though. Generally not mad on most of the Eight Degrees or Kinnegar stuff.

Probably! I'm not totally against beers that can be mistaken for glasses of orange juice or custard. It's probably more to do with mood, setting and price in some ways and I have liked a few of the Whiplash beers I had previously. I had a can of Steady Rolling Man from Deya recently which was really good. And a Brewdog x Cloudwater can from Tesco was also good.

On a non craft beer related note, I bought a couple of cans of heineken in the local shop a few weeks back because it was going cheap enough. I forgot how awful that shit tasted. It's the devil's piss.

Probably! I'm not totally against beers that can be mistaken for glasses of orange juice or custard. It's probably more to do with mood, setting and price in some ways and I have liked a few of the Whiplash beers I had previously. I had a can of Steady Rolling Man from Deya recently which was really good. And a Brewdog x Cloudwater can from Tesco was also good.
Generally I would be, the odd one with a mild taste of grapefruit aside. All Together is just a pretty normal, strong IPA though. And a really good one in my honest opinion. I hate all the desserty beers - salted caramel, double chocolate whatever :sick:

It tastes a bit like bananas, which makes even worse for me. I don't mind bananas but hate banana-flavoured anything. Got to be the worst of your standard flavours.

I actually like banana flavoured stuff. I don't really get a taste of banana off it. I think it's more that it reminds me of crap Dublin pubs from about 15 years ago.

It tastes a bit like bananas, which makes even worse for me. I don't mind bananas but hate banana-flavoured anything. Got to be the worst of your standard flavours.

Pretty accurate.

There's a chemical reaction common enough in the brewing process that gives off an aroma upon opening the bottle/can commonly described as 'banana-like'.

I remember liking those actual Banana beers you can get in Belgium.

The Big Romance are delivering growlers again. Underdog doing pick-up orders.

I'm too broke at the minute so it's supermarket beers this weekend. I look forward to posting on Thumped when I'm locked again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back