What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

Mental documentary The Act of Killing. Former Indonesian death squad leaders re-enact their killings with a full film crew in the style of different movie genres - westerns, gangster films, musicals.
The_Act_of_Killing_(2012_film).jpg
Watched this last night after reading The Jakarta Method there last month.

GOOD TIMES.

was flicking through the channels last night and saw some of Doing Money on RTE 1.

I kept turning it off as it was so brutally horrific.
it was a BBC production about a Romanian woman working as a cleaner
in London who was abducted and sex trafficked to Ireland.

it was based on a real woman's story and set in various parts of Ireland.
very hard to watch. will stay with me for a long time.

was flicking through the channels last night and saw some of Doing Money on RTE 1.

I kept turning it off as it was so brutally horrific.
it was a BBC production about a Romanian woman working as a cleaner
in London who was abducted and sex trafficked to Ireland.

it was based on a real woman's story and set in various parts of Ireland.
very hard to watch. will stay with me for a long time.
Not seen that film, but Lyla4ever has a similar theme. Very dark and haunting.

Anywho, We saw The Evil dead in the lighthouse last night. Great to have that cinema back, and best of all, there was only a covid ad, few trailers, then the feature. No poxy ads for banks/insurance companies.
Now we're watching Blade with Blade 2 lined up next.

ever heard the grindcore band BRUCEXCAMPBELL ?!!

I'm not much into cinema but Lilya-4-Ever sounds beyond grim.

i saw bits of a Belgian TV drama series made in the mid 2000's on Sky Arts
a few years ago w/ a similar theme (abduction, trafficking, sex slavery of
East European women).
one element that lent realism was that the women spoke to each other in
Russian, the Belgian men (slave drivers) spoke to each other in Flemish and
both parties communicated in English, their common language.

both the Belgian fictional drama series and Doing Money ended with a
round up of what happened to the perpetrators.
sentences of only a few years in both cases.

Watched some feel good film called Win Win. Good bit of Paul Giomatti.
Watched part of Superbad on the tv, forgot how basically funny it was. Watch one between ad break section with my 15 yr old, we laughed. Then the ads came on and we gave up.
Same for Dirty Dancing last night. Realised I'd never seen it, just bits here and there. It was Dirty Dancing. Then there was an ad break and we gave up.
Also Brideshead Revisited which was on some BBC channel with no ads so we made it to the end and said to each other, we watched that then.

Rescue Dawn - Werner Herzog flick that's a dramatisation of the story of a Amercian pilot who goes down in Vietnam/Laos during the war (he previously made a doc about this guy). He gets captured (obviously). A lot of eating slugs, near starvation, terrible treks thought the jungle. That kind of thing. It's good. It's a pity Herzog rarely gets to work with proper budgets.

Under The Silver Lake - oddball LA noir from the guy who made It Follows. This is basically a somewhat less troubling and more zany Mulholland Drive. I enjoyed it a lot and it's got David Yow from The Jesus Lizard in it.

Vivarium. Now this I liked. Best to go in cold. Maybe the premise was a little stretched for a feature film - maybe could have worked better as a 30 min short or a 45 min Twilight Zone episode - but I enjoyed it and was thinking about it the next day.

I re-watched this last night and really enjoyed it again. One of the better horror/sci-fi movies of recent years

Watched some feel good film called Win Win. Good bit of Paul Giomatti.
Watched part of Superbad on the tv, forgot how basically funny it was. Watch one between ad break section with my 15 yr old, we laughed. Then the ads came on and we gave up.
Same for Dirty Dancing last night. Realised I'd never seen it, just bits here and there. It was Dirty Dancing. Then there was an ad break and we gave up.
Also Brideshead Revisited which was on some BBC channel with no ads so we made it to the end and said to each other, we watched that then.
Dirty Dancing is excellent

I rewatched the Watchmen.
I was told by graphic novel buddies that it's a quite good interpretation. I couldn't say.

Then I watched Gangs of New York again. I have read the book that's based on.

Both very worthy.........it killed six hours. I guess like a lot of the recent posts, I stuck with the familiar, and that was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back