What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (7 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is anyone actually trying to cancel him? Took me a minute to work out who he was, but I know him from Pod Damn America, decent podcast, comedians are all mental sure.

I don't really get Twitter but I laughed at this even though, as is my understanding, these are the baddies

twitter.jpg

ColmTobin is alright, I only have him blocked because his avatar freaks me out.

In America after ripping up the pope picture on SNL, yeah.

Although, to be clear, cancel culture isn't real so no.

In a similar vein

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Really? I remember a bit of a fuss, but I thought it was a very small one
Sinead O'Connor? Yeah, I believe it's widely seen as the reason her career immediately stalled in the US. As an explanation I buy it. She still had a career elsewhere though.

Just looked it up - the Yanks went way crazier about it than I remember from the time. How odd. Catholics are only around 20% of the US population, and why would anyone else give a fuck? Were the Catholics just super shouty about it?

I think it was mainly disgruntled Prince fans upset that she was getting all the credit for that number one she had.

But, apart from ripping up the image of the pope she also refused to allow the playing of the American national anthem before her gigs, prompting the likes of Frank Sinatra to come out saying he wanted to kick her ass.

Frank Sinatra doing patriotic virtue signalling in the 90s? Bizarre. The older I get the less I understand. Is this what dementia is? When you gather so much information about the world it becomes impossible to make any sense of it at all

My 15-year-old gave me a new word yesterday - performative allyship. It means "virtue signalling" but it's ok to say it

Never heard of Bella Thorne before but apparently people are angry at her for making money off Onlyfans.

She also has been telling people that the director of The Florida Project is going to be making a film about her life and he’s had to release a statement denying it.

Never heard of Bella Thorne before but apparently people are angry at her for making money off Onlyfans.

She also has been telling people that the director of The Florida Project is going to be making a film about her life and he’s had to release a statement denying it.

I read that they’re pissed not that she made lots of money from it but that she made so much money that OnlyFans can’t actually pay her without first limiting their payments to other users. So these measures are basically financial firefighting brought on solely by someone (I don’t know her either) who looks like the abused the system from multiple perspectives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back