Lankum (1 Viewer)

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
I like them too. Haven't listened to them in a while.

Haven't listened to Lankum. What's put me off is that my brother was telling me that the old starts off with an amazing 7 minute long droney version of the Wild Rover and I have to admit that description's killed off any enthusiasm for checking it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love their dark droney interpretations of folk songs.
less fond of the bawdy songs, and overly 'aul dubalin' stuff.
all in all well deserving of the praise and attention.
I love their dark droney interpretatinos of folk songs in theory, and on paper, but I don't actually want to listen to them, i'll stick with the auld dublin bawdy folk songs myself.

Lankum: something for everyone.

Them and the gloaming and a few others are essentially all living in a Venn diagram of NCH trad.
When it's good it's great, some of its definitely about the exploration of the soundscape. In trad the nuance is microscopically applied, in NCH trad it's more blown up huge.

Them and the gloaming and a few others are essentially all living in a Venn diagram of NCH trad.
When it's good it's great, some of its definitely about the exploration of the soundscape. In trad the nuance is microscopically applied, in NCH trad it's more blown up huge.

now its funny - the gloaming do little for me. to me it sounds like overworked arrangements of otherwise simple songs....
which is exactly a criticism that could be leveled at Lankum I guess.
as my uncle would say 'there are no winners in a argument on taste;'

Damo's accent/pronunciations on Negative Vibes are absolutely gas. Great tune.

Better than Pillow Queens. Who I'm still not listening too. What do they sing about anyway, sassy tweets about the Government? Pfft. Young people.

I like some of Lankum, the long droney stuff is great.

I think they're one of these bands like live Daniel Norgren or something, that you have to listen to late at night, when there's no one around. Definite late night music.

I like some of Lankum, the long droney stuff is great.

I think they're one of these bands like live Daniel Norgren or something, that you have to listen to late at night, when there's no one around. Definite late night music.
“Small change” era waits for me is one of those(apologies for mentioning another band in the lankum thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back