Fontaines DC (1 Viewer)

In a very soundtracky way, I clicked on this link and as I did FDC came on the radio.

Hi JohnnyRaz!

havent been on thumped in months, good to see the traditions of slagging off moderately successful Irish bands are strong.
What was that pop punk band with the pony-tailed bass player in the string vest? They got an awful going over in the age of the meme.

Hmm, this isn't ringing any bells
My memory isnt what it used to be though

On/Off maybe?

(it isn't them) but I went to look at pictures to see if it was 'the whatmans'* on breaking tunes and they have a bio line that reads.

"The Stone Roses, The Whatmans, all mixed together, speed it up and out she comes The Sound of The Whatmans."

I adore this sentence. I'll be thinking about it all day. I'm a terrible person.

*of tattoo fame of course.

The Whatmans were great whatmen for a press release.

After a whirlwind year of support slots to sellout gigs by the Coronas and Fight Like Apes the Whatmans have more than earned the title of the hardest working band in Ireland. Combining the skillmanship of Jimmy the Hat on drums, Kevin O'Shea channelling James Dean Bradfield on guitar, always-in-the-pocket bassist Mr. Mouse and the one-off charisma of Mark Langer, truly Joe Strummer reincarnated, they have sought to

The Whatmans were great whatmen for a press release.

After a whirlwind year of support slots to sellout gigs by the Coronas and Fight Like Apes the Whatmans have more than earned the title of the hardest working band in Ireland. Combining the skillmanship of Jimmy the Hat on drums, Kevin O'Shea channelling James Dean Bradfield on guitar, always-in-the-pocket bassist Mr. Mouse and the one-off charisma of Mark Langer, truly Joe Strummer reincarnated, they have sought to

fucking hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back