Talk about your dreams (3 Viewers)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Last night I had a dream that I was hitch-hiking in the rain and the band SummerCamp picked me up. I invited them to Dublin to stay in my house, and they accepted. Oh, and it was raining and I was soaked.

this morning when I woke up I put SummerCamp on, on spotify.

I dreamt the other night that I was swimming in the sea and lots of otters came up and swam alongside and around me, and the weather was sunny and the water was warm and it was lovely

I didn't know what to make of it tbh. Normally my dreams are ... well, normally they're nightmares - upsetting or scary. I don't really know what to do with a pleasant dream

Last night I dreamt that me and my partner bought a weird old house at the end of a cul de sac next to a spooky old wood. The house came with a huge Great Dane which could climbs trees like a monkey. It climbed up the tree then fell out, injuring its leg on the ground. We couldn’t shut the windows in the house and there was something bad trying to get in. Then the scene changed and we were in a community hall. Tony and Carmela Soprano were there. Carmela stood up and started telling the room about how gross Tony was, scratching his arse and having bad B.O. Tony flew into a rage and starting screaming and shouting until he was calmed down by Meryl Streep.

I'm not usually one for talking about them but last night I dreamed I was 80s Kirk Hammett and me and 80s James Hetfield were climbing this really tall mountain. When we reached the top I peeked over the edge and felt dizzy and nauseous at how high up we were. And then I woke up. Feeling dizzy and nauseous.

Probably shouldn't have eaten half a Vienetta before bed

Last night I dreamt that me and my partner bought a weird old house at the end of a cul de sac next to a spooky old wood. The house came with a huge Great Dane which could climbs trees like a monkey. It climbed up the tree then fell out, injuring its leg on the ground. We couldn’t shut the windows in the house and there was something bad trying to get in. Then the scene changed and we were in a community hall. Tony and Carmela Soprano were there. Carmela stood up and started telling the room about how gross Tony was, scratching his arse and having bad B.O. Tony flew into a rage and starting screaming and shouting until he was calmed down by Meryl Streep.
eh thats just some film plot

One of the things about these recent months is that I now remember my dreams.

They've all been very strange nightmares though. And very visceral. One morning I was flailing about and when she shook me awake I went bolt upright and shoved her out of bed screaming "Why did you wake me! I have to get back!!" or something like that.

I dreamt I was playing Monopoly there last week. Haven't played it in years. Have since gone out and bought the game. I wonder have they managed to ad hack our dreams?

Had possibly the most chilling nightmare of my life so far the other night

Started off fairly standard - someone had kidnapped the kids. Found them after a while hidden in a box ... but that was a trap, the kidnapper came up behind me and woke me up so the kids would be trapped in the dream

Uurgh. Took me a while to get the courage to get out of the bed and check they were ok (spoiler: they were)

Started off fairly standard - someone had kidnapped the kids.
not good if that's 'fairly standard'...

i'm having recurring dreams recently where i'm abroad with work or other business, and constant fuckups prevent me from getting back to the airport to get home.
last night it was that i'd been unwittingly flown to liege instead of bristol, and my plane home was booked from bristol airport.

What do you think of the theory that cheese affects your dreams? It's definitely true imo, blue cheese in particular. If I have blue cheese in the house I'd often eat some just before bedtime to make the night a bit more interesting. It doesn't make them happier or scarier, just more vivid and with more complex plot lines

Started off fairly standard - someone had kidnapped the kids. Found them after a while hidden in a box ... but that was a trap, the kidnapper came up behind me and woke me up so the kids would be trapped in the dream

Uurgh. Took me a while to get the courage to get out of the bed and check they were ok (spoiler: they were)
That's a horror movie script waiting to be fleshed out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh yeah. I had one like that after I'd come back from traveling, so I was kind of jet-lagged too I think.

For years I'd fixated on this one sweeping left handed turn out past Brewery Road on the way towards Kilternan. Constantly recurring images of the rocks, me on a motorbike, driving around this one corner. I never really thought about it much, it was just a memory.

Then in a dream I realized why I'd been fixating on that corner, and those stones, for years. It was because I'd crashed the bike on that corner, it was the last thing my conscious body had observed, and everything that had happened subsequently was part of this same dream I was in right now.

Sometimes when you write a piece of software, or figure out a maths problem, you get a feeling; you just know you're correct. It's like two pieces snapping together, it's just "oh, yeah, that's how this works". That's how sure I was about the realization that I'd crashed on that bend, and I was in a coma now, dreaming this. It was such a sharp snapping of clarity, I woke up instantly. But I wasn't sure if I was woken up, because I thought it was more of the same.

It took weeks for me to get away from the feeling, it was close to nauseating. The nearest thing I could compare it to was getting my first cancer diagnosis, it's just... bottom falling out of your life, standing on the edge of an abyss looking into it... fuck.

What do you think of the theory that cheese affects your dreams? It's definitely true imo, blue cheese in particular. If I have blue cheese in the house I'd often eat some just before bedtime to make the night a bit more interesting. It doesn't make them happier or scarier, just more vivid and with more complex plot lines

It totally does. Same goes for anything that's difficult to digest. So a new prescription or drugs. You're brain is saying "dammit body, what the hell is going on down there?!", which manifests as crazy dreams. I'm similar to you, cheese makes for really vivid and complex dreams.

As much as I love pizza, no pizza after 8pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back