Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (6 Viewers)

Have you met musicians :p

I went to a lot gigs sober, i don't mind it, but i do love getting a bit mouldy and experiencing some little trip into someones world while my inhibitions fall away.

Not quite to point 1, definitely to point 2, haha

Loads of people sat around drinking booze on the street outside, and there were no more gigs at the hall (although I hadn't been planning to do any more, it was a one-off really haha)

but how though ?
someone out there must have tried to do this - how did it work out ?
was it a struggle to even find a suitable hall ?
i'd imagine this must very hard or else it would be happening.

most venues get a huge chunk of revenue though booze unfortunately.
apart from Jigsaw everywhere else i go to gigs is heavily alcohol orientated.
in certain places (Phibsborough) pubs don't even serve orange juice !
Sfx had no bar. Granted this was twenty years ago, but it can be done.

I brought a girl on a date to a gig a few years back in the Academy 2. When we got there we found out it was an 'all-ages' gig and no alcohol was being served (I don't drink anyway, but she did). The average age of the revellers was about 15 and it was a little embarrassing. We stood down the back with the parents, and we were still the oldest there.

I brought a girl on a date to a gig a few years back in the Academy 2. When we got there we found out it was an 'all-ages' gig and no alcohol was being served (I don't drink anyway, but she did). The average age of the revellers was about 15 and it was a little embarrassing. We stood down the back with the parents, and we were still the oldest there.
Me and Mrs. egg_ went to see Galantis in the Olympia 2 years ago, and we were probably 30 years older than the median punter. The only other people near our age were a few Dads keeping an eye on their daughters, and a couple in their 40s off their heads gazing into one another's eyes. On the way out the kids were like "gotta run for the last bus cos I've double geography in the morning"

Galantis were fairly shit, fwiw.

Was it a good gig though

Me and Mrs. egg_ went to see Galantis in the Olympia 2 years ago, and we were probably 30 years older than the median punter. The only other people near our age were a few Dads keeping an eye on their daughters, and a couple in their 40s off their heads gazing into one another's eyes. On the way out the kids were like "gotta run for the last bus cos I've double geography in the morning"

Galantis were fairly shit, fwiw.
Just reading this is making me want to drink heavily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back