Your work situation (6 Viewers)

Working on a phone line but still at home at the moment. The church bell next door chimes at 12 every day.
Caller: Eh is there a bell ringing over there?
Me: nope
Caller: I can hear a bell and now lots of dogs barking.
Me: I have no idea what you’re talking about.

I’ve nearly fallen off my chair twice today, once when I was on a call so I’m in a dickish mood.
Why hide the bell/dogs?

Because it’s always resulted in them asking where I live, why are we so close to a church (because that’s where it was built!), do I live with other people etc etc, and I don’t have the energy for that conversation today.

Aw man, now I'm tempted to ask if there's a less violent way to say "triggered"

Probably I shouldn't. Someone gave out to me yesterday for telling another workmate they didn't need to ask permission to eat in a zoom meeting

Yeah honestly anything i find funny has no place there. This is why I'm on thumped right now.

First day back in the office today (I have a job where I can work from home when I want anyway, just back in because I needed some hardware), and its empty! We're on 5 floors, usual capacity of a good 400 or so, I'd say, and I've only seen about 5 people. My floor is totally empty which is very nice. Mandatory temperature checks on entry, mandatory masks everywhere except at your desk (which are at 20% capacity), and sanitizing stations everywhere! Makes me feel a lot more comfortable, and its weirdly nice to break the monotony of home. I think I'll be coming in twice a week now until it gets busy again. Nice that it forced me onto the bike too for the commute.

Aw man, now I'm tempted to ask if there's a less violent way to say "triggered"

Probably I shouldn't. Someone gave out to me yesterday for telling another workmate they didn't need to ask permission to eat in a zoom meeting
Mad, all the yanks in my work slack are engineers and the main competition is to be the most sarcastic Gen X-er. I could do with some of your guys by the sounds of it.

I've never worked in a right on type of job. I was just thinking the other day whilst listening to the usual racist, sexist, homophobic conversations Ive always heard in work. What would one of those right on millennial types make of the comments?

I’m more upset that my name isn’t in the IT article considering I wrote the paper!

Class. They didn't link to the paper either, or am I missing it?

Should IT readers just be happy that they think "TCD scientists" said it, and that's all we need to know?

Brain Energy. They should have handed it to the Lifestyle lads to root up a picture of a person, preferably in a yoga pose, with lines and arrows and force fields all shooting out of their brain, with maybe a nice psychedelic background.

Either way, I'll need that linky.

The Bossman is getting snippy.

Fauci: Trump hurts himself with efforts to discredit me
Dr Anthony Fauci criticized the White House’s “bizarre” efforts to discredit him in a newly published series of interviews with the Atlantic.

Had we been in work, it would have been nice to start the chant:
A. G.
A. G. R.
A. G. R. O. AGRO!

But sadly, just not to be.
Today.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
    Vicar Street
    58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back