Irish Times Best 50 Irish albums of all time (2 Viewers)

I mentioned the twentieth anniversary of The Big Romance coming up to someone the other day and they replied with "God next year will the twentieth anniversary of loads of mediocre Irish albums won't it?" :cry:

Nineteen year old me would be fierce upset by this list but now I'll just bookmark it alongside every other list and cod myself that I'll make some great discovery out of working my way through it.

That Si Schroeder album is definitely one of my favs of all time though and I get annoyed every six months or so when I remember it isn't on Spotify.
I must get out that Si Schroeder CD and put it into my car. Been years since I heard it and admittedly never gave it too much time when it was released. 2007 or 8?

Surprised there's nothing on that list representing the Irish math and post-rock stuff?

I'd like to hear more on this - A lot that era I essentially never heard being outside the pale basically. I've gone back to TRM's 'I am Brazil' a lot of over the years. Anyone wanna throw up some more names around that theme?

Wrong Cathy Davey Album, Silversleeve is good, a banger actually, but 'the nameless' is one big huge solid piece of work, its like if silversleeve had three sides. Its such a good breakup album I'd nearly avoid it if the breakup wasn't good enough to have a solid soundtrack.

I have other opinons for later.

Her debut, something ilk is the one I listened to most. I've read that she's not a fan of it. Its really a good album Caffy.

As usual with these lists I'd rather have stockings fille dwith balls of my own shite fired at me than listen to half of the aforementioned records but this is particularly bad- There's barely even 50 LPs in the whole lexicon of Irish recorded music that are either groundbreaking or exemplars of their particular genre - Sweeney's Men, Proposerous, 1st Planxty, , 1st Virgin Prunes, Running Riot and Pink Turds as Gary mentioned but not many more....

As usual with these lists I'd rather have stockings fille dwith balls of my own shite fired at me than listen to half of the aforementioned records but this is particularly bad- There's barely even 50 LPs in the whole lexicon of Irish recorded music that are either groundbreaking or exemplars of their particular genre - Sweeney's Men, Proposerous, 1st Planxty, , 1st Virgin Prunes, Running Riot and Pink Turds as Gary mentioned but not many more....
you should livestream that and charge a fee to watch. I'd pay anyway

New bitch falcon tune is out. I am a fanboy. Not sure if this is them still infintley releasing singles or precursor to an album.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

New bitch falcon tune is out. I am a fanboy. Not sure if this is them still infintley releasing singles or precursor to an album.

Quick look at insta this morning and they've been front paged on spotify on one of the lists you get when you hit the 'rock' button. Fair play to them. Probably won't be seeing them at the roisin for free again :p

Album coming but not sure if this is from it without seeing the credits but I'd imagine it is.

Considering liking Enya has been the height of taste for at least a decade now I think the full-on Corrs revival is about due alright.
oh here we go

Look, the Corrs were awful. A few decently cobbled together pop melodies buried under terrible "tasteful" 90's production and oirish tourist music, i used to like I Never Loved You Anyway back in the day, but if some Brits and clueless yanks want to do the full "actually he's cool now" Phil Collins revival stuff then they're on their own.

The "Honorary Most Excellent Order of the British Empire" Corrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back