Irish Times Best 50 Irish albums of all time (2 Viewers)

Ah I half looked at it lastnight. There were was some spat and yerman weighed in in fluent 'i've spent the past few years getting all my information from Joerden Rogenson and this is cultural marxism' and yerwan who used to run a high profile campaign acc decided he was cancelled and about 4 people cared. That national burning of ROL materials has been moved from the aviva to a smaller venue AFAIK.

I'd say they'll be grand.

Its kinda mad that even in the internet, things can be hard to find. I'm also curious about this record. I was aware at the time people liked it but never heard it.

It's times like this you'd miss the big torrent tracker sites like oink or what. Whatever about the legalities of them the loss of those servers was like burning the library of alexandria.

Ah I half looked at it lastnight. There were was some spat and yerman weighed in in fluent 'i've spent the past few years getting all my information from Joerden Rogenson and this is cultural marxism' and yerwan who used to run a high profile campaign acc decided he was cancelled and about 4 people cared. That national burning of ROL materials has been moved from the aviva to a smaller venue AFAIK.
It came from this, he responded saying it was censorship or something, i've forgotten his actual now-deleted tweet response, there were many trigger words suggesting too much Spiked-Online

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gonna stick my head out a bit and say while I'm a big fan of Dean's writing normally, I don't think it's his call on whether or not Versatile should split up. Not that he's saying it's his call in fairness, just his recommendation.

Here look - this is great and would be on my list. Disclaimer - Don't really know him other than bumping into him once through work, so 'know him and sound' probably not a factor. Didn't pay huge attention to previous work either. This one grabbed me anywhoioiooo.

Here look - this is great and would be on my list. Disclaimer - Don't really know him other than bumping into him once through work, so 'know him and sound' probably not a factor. Didn't pay huge attention to previous work either. This one grabbed me anywhoioiooo.

I loved the Big Romance. Had that album on repeat back in THE DAY. I listened to it recently and it's still decent. Never listened to anything by him after that.

I mentioned the twentieth anniversary of The Big Romance coming up to someone the other day and they replied with "God next year will the twentieth anniversary of loads of mediocre Irish albums won't it?" :cry:

Nineteen year old me would be fierce upset by this list but now I'll just bookmark it alongside every other list and cod myself that I'll make some great discovery out of working my way through it.

That Si Schroeder album is definitely one of my favs of all time though and I get annoyed every six months or so when I remember it isn't on Spotify.

Ah, the David Kitt's and the Damien Rice's soft voiced emo Irish men were a scourge 20 years ago and they're a scourge now.

Surprised there's nothing on that list representing the Irish math and post-rock stuff?

Ah, the David Kitt's and the Damien Rice's soft voiced emo Irish men were a scourge 20 years ago and they're a scourge now.

YOUR a scurge 20 years ago.

I avoided a lot of this stuff at the time for that reason. I also am a soft voiced Irish man. I think the present crop are worse, Its all happening for the Irish women though. You been following CMAT?

YOUR a scurge 20 years ago.

I avoided a lot of this stuff at the time for that reason. I also am a soft voiced Irish man. I think the present crop are worse, Its all happening for the Irish women though. You been following CMAT?
I have yeah. Seems alright, the Irish twitter mob love her which is kind of the modern version of having an Irish number one isn't it? Honestly she sounds quite like Land Lovers to me.

I have yeah. Seems alright, the Irish twitter mob love her which is kind of the modern version of having an Irish number one isn't it?

I wasn't too into it until she did the dance tutorial video on insta. I agree with you - Yeah most certainly is having hits with her stuff. I like how she does melody a lot, like singing is fun or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back