What television series are you currently making your way through? (7 Viewers)

watched the Mylie Cyrus episode of Black Mirror (think its season 5 - I originally gave up after season 3). It was good fun.

Watching Queen of the South now. Quite compelling now (s4). Some of the acting in the earlier episodes was awful. The plotlines are a bit far-fetched, but still a good watch overall.
I also took a dip back into Black Mirror last night. That one Hated in the Nation (Brooker's take on So You've Been Publicly Shamed). Very good. And Kelly MacDonald <3

Started on that one Devil's Whore. Unbelievable cast, a little bit hammy and heavy handed at times but good nonetheless.

And Unsolved Mysteries for the nostalgia of it.

I've fallen into a Star Trek DS9 hole.

S2:E22 is where I started. The Wire, where Garak plays an addict.

Four episodes later, I've never noticed that there's actual acting. ACTING! And loads of it. When I was young I was more interested in the space ship battles and that.

I mean, I always thought it was prescient, and DS9 was always my favourite ST series, but now I'm seeing more in it.

It is a big klangy ham and cheese sandwich at times, but when it's good, it's actually fucking great.

I've fallen into a Star Trek DS9 hole.

S2:E22 is where I started. The Wire, where Garak plays an addict.

Four episodes later, I've never noticed that there's actual acting. ACTING! And loads of it. When I was young I was more interested in the space ship battles and that.

I mean, I always thought it was prescient, and DS9 was always my favourite ST series, but now I'm seeing more in it.

It is a big klangy ham and cheese sandwich at times, but when it's good, it's actually fucking great.

Garak is amazing, possibly the best Star Trek character of all. Especially in terms of acting, guy does an amazing job.

But Jake grows up to be Tony Todd, in what I do remember to be one the best one off episodes of any ST. Haven't gotten that far yet.

And also Tony Todd is of Candy Man fame. And also Kurn, Son of Mogh.

I like Jake, the big lanky nosy bollocks that he is. Him and Nog (and occasionally O'Brien) are basically the Thumped of DS9.

Weird City. Dystopian sci fi black comedy that’s sort of like a cross between Black Mirror and Naked City. Set in a near future US city that’s split into a rich section and poor section. Decent enough if a little self consciously weird.

Started 'Missions', French sci-fi thing. Seems pretty cool so far, it's about the 'first' mission to Mars run by this French crew. Good effects, only two episodes in but definitely seems to be setting up for everything to go fuckin bonkers.

Update
DS9 S3:E14 at the moment.

Damn this is a good show. Yes the shit bits are obviously shit. But the good bits are so good. It's like Father Ted for changlings.

Update
DS9 S3:E14 at the moment.

Damn this is a good show. Yes the shit bits are obviously shit. But the good bits are so good. It's like Father Ted for changlings.

If you took like 10 DS9 episodes, 1 of them would be total shit, 2 would be fairly crap, 5 would be grand or pretty good and the other 2 would be fuckin class

First season of Babylon Berlin. Detective investigates a vast criminal conspiracy in 1929 Berlin, with the political climate that led to the Nazis getting into power providing the backdrop. Excellent stuff. Lots of thought and planning - and a large budget - clearly went into this.
Late to the party but this is great. Three seasons available. I'm currently on season two. Come for the decadence and intrigue, stay for the Roxy Music.

Watched a couple of episode of Schitt's Creek over the weekend. Thought it was quite good.

How can someone buy an entire town?

I've watched all of it now (and there's a lot) and I really liked it. Takes a while to get going but the characters become really endearing after a while. I've completely forgotten about the "buying the town" part ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back