The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (2 Viewers)

One of my favorite LZ songs is All Is My Love from their last album, but mostly they're fairly shite because Robert Plant wrecked everything for the first four albums, then he started getting better and the others got worse

On the whole LZ disucusion, this robert plant / sensational space shifters have this album and its great. Imagine one of those old hippies actually followed through, its basically that. World music, savage musicians from all over the place, fucking about and jamming, modern stuff mixed in.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I like Elvis Costello, especially the early stuff but he did go up his hole.

If you thought Other Voices was a smug circle jerk wait until you watch Spectacle: Elvis Costello.

I was a huge costello fan for years, still kinda am except i don't listen to him much. Every few albums he gets really annoyed about something and makes a great album, like unreal. I backed off once he became happily married tbh. @Lili Marlene on a rough count there are at least 20 albums entirely dedicated to singing tricky notes over slightly tricky chords, but take something like 'armed forces' on its own, its amazing.

I was a huge costello fan for years, still kinda am except i don't listen to him much. Every few albums he gets really annoyed about something and makes a great album, like unreal. I backed off once he became happily married tbh. @Lili Marlene on a rough count there are at least 20 albums entirely dedicated to singing tricky notes over slightly tricky chords, but take something like 'armed forces' on its own, its amazing.
yeah i'd say i've gotten as far as imperial bedrooms and liked songs on and off, but rarely a full album. Will have to try Armed Forces again, see if I can get into it as a full album. When it comes to very songwriter-y stuff from that era i'm more into XTC but my favourite albums by them are White Music and Mummer so I don't really know what my own methods are. We'll see.

I don't revere Patton and I certainly can't keep up with his releases but I listen to those first three albums he did with Faith No More all the time. Dunno what to tell you, they're great! I like the Chuck Mosley years as well btw.

I'm not arguing or looking to be convinced. Just commenting in the original spirit of the thread; I "know" he/they are talented and popular but I don't understand or get the reverence , the elevation above other, similar artists or what makes them so special.

They're grand and all but...meh.

I just wanted to put it out there and it felt good to do so.

And I'd do it again.

A few weeks ago I heard something that sounded really forward thinking while retro and interesting and after a while realised that it was mondo cane or something sneaking into my life.

If someone had told me 'here's the new patton thing' i'd never have touched it having stopped dabbling years ago.

Also this woman take exactly 1 minute to fall in love with him

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I hate that vocal couch woman. She loves everything, it's all just cynical adoration for the fans of every artist.. all for clicks. FUCK HER.
There are thousands of these " x reacts to y" things on youtube now. Does anyone believe that they haven't rehearsed every line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back