Celebrity Creeps Thread (5 Viewers)

jack monroe had a pop at his writing a few days ago (classist, racist too i think), but i can't tell if this timing is concidental.
What? I've read a few of his books to the kids. Some of them are pretty dark - depressed or neglectful parents, sinister grown ups selling burgers made from rats, that kind of thing. Stopped reading them eventually cos there was too much sadness

Read the thread, and the racist accusation seems to come from Raj, an Indian shopkeeper who's pretty eccentric but is absolutely lovely to all the kids, and gives them the emotional support that their parents don't. Presumably it's supposed to be racist because it's an Indian lad running a corner shop :/ And the classist one comes from Billionaire Boy, which I haven't read, but looking at the quotes it seems to be guilty of taking the piss out of rich people by exaggerating how much they love being mean to poor people

Have a read of one of his books and make up your own mind. The Boy in the Dress and Gangster Granny are both lovely books

we may do.
jack monroe had a pop at his writing a few days ago (classist, racist too i think), but i can't tell if this timing is concidental.
hmmmm

thred:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Torn between wanting DW taken down and remembering how Kiran here wrote possibly the worst book i've ever read. So bad I got several other people to read it, including a 12 year old, just to confirm it was terrible and I wasn't going crazy thinking it was a fucking scandal that it was ever allowed to be published. I suppose I'll have to let it pass for now.

I'm not going to jump too quicky to conclusions but I'm going to saw the name she has asterisk the vowels in is probably Divid Williims. I trialled some vowels in it and came to this conclusion.

I actually don't want DW taken down and I have never read any of his books. I have no real opinion on the world of rich people fighting with each other over who gets to abuse the underclasses in the most ethical way.

Not a creep as such, but we don't have a "cancelled" thread yet

A punk AND a conservative?
I think that probably just means Cunt

He is cancelled, well Dublin and Belfast have cancelled him so far anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back