Minor complaints thread (16 Viewers)

I've really enjoyed the quiet less busy road by my house over the last few months. It's a long straight road with a limit of 80Kmph so naturally everyone does about 80mph. I have to inch the car out to see if there's anything coming and it can be nerve wracking having 18 wheelers roar past you with inches to spare.

Today was the first time I realised everything is back to normal, and it's shit.

Sigh.

This whole lockdown process gave us the chance to take the foot off the pedal, as it were, and step back and re-evaluate how we live our lives. Slow down, work from home, be more considerate to others, save civilisation as we know it etc.

What decision did we arrive at? Let's be bigger fuckin' tools than ever! Yay!!!

Yeah traffic around my area has been back to normal or worse the last week or so. The actual streets I live in are nice and quiet but as soon as you go to the main road, eww. Maybe cars are like Facebook, and everyone wants to quit but you'd never be invited to go anywhere if you did

we live on a busy road and it's at night you really notice the different. a couple of months ago it was lovely to sit out in the garden at dusk, less so now.
cars make *noise*. they'd be doing maybe 50km/h coming past the house - and we'd be sitting in the garden about 30 or 40m from the traffic with the house in the way, but they're still *loud*

cars really are victorian. 'how is your carriage propulsed along the carriageway?' 'there are thousands of tiny explosions happening every minute inside the firebox, old chap'.

and it's not even the engine which is loud, it's the tyre noise.

There was a smell of cat piss in my office this morning. I thought spraying white vinegar might help for some reason. Now there is is a smell of piss and vinegar.

we live on a busy road and it's at night you really notice the different. a couple of months ago it was lovely to sit out in the garden at dusk, less so now.
cars make *noise*. they'd be doing maybe 50km/h coming past the house - and we'd be sitting in the garden about 30 or 40m from the traffic with the house in the way, but they're still *loud*

Inside a car with the radio on at a conversation level and the engine running approaches 80db on my sound meter.
Add that the carriage is sealed from the elements then outside sounds around 90db unless they have a lot of low frequency can get fucked.
So when people go arguing on the internet about cyclists wearing headphones, they are essentially the same as a person standing beside a running lawnmower that they refuse to acknowledge saying 'you cant hear properly'.
#bikewankers

Inside a car with the radio on at a conversation level and the engine running approaches 80db on my sound meter.
Add that the carriage is sealed from the elements then outside sounds around 90db unless they have a lot of low frequency can get fucked.
So when people go arguing on the internet about cyclists wearing headphones, they are essentially the same as a person standing beside a running lawnmower that they refuse to acknowledge saying 'you cant hear properly'.
#bikewankers

I drive like this so get off my damn case!

DF0B7CBD-C27B-41DF-97D7-8F992DA0CD71.png

cars really are victorian. 'how is your carriage propulsed along the carriageway?' 'there are thousands of tiny explosions happening every minute inside the firebox, old chap'.

and it's not even the engine which is loud, it's the tyre noise.

I forget how noisy vehicles are as my ears get gradually more blocked, then when the ears are cleaned out it's like FUCKIN HELL every time anything drives past.
I can hear the main road from the house easy enough, but not when the ears are blocked, ha

Was in the park earlier and it was jammed with people, loads of people playing football and volleyball and cricket and bowls and shit. Was grand really, people having a good time and exercising, loads of asians and brazilian looking ones and polish looking people.
The only bunch out of all of them that were obnoxious wankers were of course the group of 17 year old Dublin teenagers that had been sitting on the grass drinking, and when they got up to leave left a fuckin trash heap of cups and bottles and shite behind them. One Brazilian looking lad beat me to it and went over to them before they could get away and told them off, he did it really well too cause I would have just been going "What the fuck??" at them. So he managed to guilt one of them into helping him clean the shit into a plastic bag, but even then they spent the whole time claiming none of it was theirs (the only fucking people that were within 10 metres of the spot like) and they wouldn't even take the plastic big with them to a bin then. Fuckin filthy bastards. I saw them waiting at a bus stop afterwards as I was heading to the shop, so of course they don't even fuckin live nearby.

Was in the park earlier and it was jammed with people, loads of people playing football and volleyball and cricket and bowls and shit. Was grand really, people having a good time and exercising, loads of asians and brazilian looking ones and polish looking people.
The only bunch out of all of them that were obnoxious wankers were of course the group of 17 year old Dublin teenagers that had been sitting on the grass drinking, and when they got up to leave left a fuckin trash heap of cups and bottles and shite behind them. One Brazilian looking lad beat me to it and went over to them before they could get away and told them off, he did it really well too cause I would have just been going "What the fuck??" at them. So he managed to guilt one of them into helping him clean the shit into a plastic bag, but even then they spent the whole time claiming none of it was theirs (the only fucking people that were within 10 metres of the spot like) and they wouldn't even take the plastic big with them to a bin then. Fuckin filthy bastards. I saw them waiting at a bus stop afterwards as I was heading to the shop, so of course they don't even fuckin live nearby.

Fairview park is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back