What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

Pretty faithful to the book, IIRC.
It went from intense nightmare to all hunky dory in an instant

Yeah I read the book a few years back but it’s all a bit hazy - I remember the ending being more... clear cut? It’s written from philip’s perspective isn’t it?

The stuff with Alvin was just... what? Why was it set up like he was going to be a patsy? Why did the guy immediately turn on him once he was at the radar thing? And he wasn’t a radar operator in the army so what experience did he have that singled him out for the job, apart from knowing what one looked like? And did he even do anything with it when he got there?

When the sister turns up on the doorstep and says about the Lindbergh’s kid, it was.... what? What kid? I mean I knew it was probably coming, because it was in the book, but they didn’t exactly set it up on the show.

The telephone calls to Kentucky, and the road trip were done really well.

House of Cards.

It's more of a nostalgia trip than I was expecting. Spacey euthenises (?) a dog in the first two minutes and I think "that's nice".

Also, it seems very very British, even though it isn't.

Finally finished it.
I quite enjoyed it. It's clever enough to be engaging, but not so involved that I couldn't cast my eyes over to my phone every once in a while without losing track.

The final season was some kind of mad fever dream.

As I said earlier, it makes one nostalgic for a time when politicians were malevolent but competent.

Glad I stuck it out and watched all 70something hours of it.

finally went back and watched the second half of Star Trek Picard this weekend. The first few were a bit of a slog but i kind of liked the last few episodes.

Avenue 9. Sci fi comedy from Armando Iannucci about an interplanetary cruise spaceship that gets knocked off course returning to earth. That’s the plot, what there is of it at least, the jokes are very much in the style of The Thick of It or Veep just not as good. Some irritating characters and a few good ones. The tall creep from Silicon Valley probably the funniest

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back