US politics (3 Viewers)

Waaaa. What about my constitutionallly enshrined religious right to shoot black people with my gun of justice?

How dare you take my rights off me. Waaaaa.

Taxes. Waaaaa.

And I'm not exaggerating all that much here.

These types come wobbling into DC, all marked up with their MAGA hats, and some bullshit on their XXXL t shirt, on pilgrimages almost, wobbling over to the metro map and not understanding it. Wobbling off the metro, and wobble down Connecticut Ave sweating profusely and loudly giving out that the Zoo stop shouldn't be so far away from the Zoo.

ernesto said:
No one likes fat annoying thick American tourists.

We like the regular smart ones, thanks.
Like all tourists.
It’s just the american ones are particularly noticeable both visibly and audibly

giphy.gif

I don't think you get it.
One half of the US has been saying there's a problem since the Civil War. Ask Emmett Till or Ruby Bridges.

Trumps' inaugural speech was 'American carnage'. He's not saying there's a problem as much as he's saying people of color and liberals are the problem, and he's the solution.

The problem Trump and the GOP thinks exist is that non-white people think they deserve the same rights as 'real America'.

He and Stephen Miller are baiting for a race war while they run the military.

You sure do say a lot of nice things about Trump and about voting for him.

Yeah, I'm clearly a long standing, staunch Trumper, who doesn't get it. Solid read on that.

One half of the US has been talking about institutional racism since the civil war? Let's pretend that's true. How much longer is it appropriate to wait for it to be acknowledged and addressed?

I've never seen institutional racism or police brutality being talked about in the way it is now. The US is almost at a point where it's ready to accept there might be a problem.

A rapist from Queens and his gimp buddy were the reason the US got to this point? OK.

Dudes. Come on lads.

I would like further input from both 7 - No tomorrow and flashback. We're all pretty clueless about what's going on over there, because everyone is, and would like to understand further.

Anyway, there was a demonstration outside my local police station today. I didn't go. It was peaceful, but I did hear a lot of shouting and loud bangs when I stuck my head out the window tonight. I'm not certain that the ratio of fuckheads to decent people around here is enough that there won't be problems. The police here, as I've said before, are pretty laissez faire, but they'll fuck shit up if they feel they need to.
The locals, be they fuckhead or not, are well aware of the movements of riot police in the area. In London, riot police are called the Territorial Support Group, which always makes me laugh.
Also, there's a lot of history around these particular parts. The police are aware of this, that is why they're generally sound enough.

But anyway lads, don't be shouting at each other. Thumped is for pricks. It is not a place for pricks to be pricks to other pricks for being pricks because some pricks were being pricks.

The situation is fucked. I'm a shithead in apartment in Maryland. There's absolutely sweet fuck all I can do really. I can be annoyed or upset, but exactly zero people give a fuck.

Up the road white supremacists are running the show, paramilitary gangs wearing police uniforms who are above the law are in the streets beating and killing people.

Since I got here I saw people getting fed into a grinder. It's so blatant that even I, white boy mac cunty, had to go, what the fuck?

Right now all I'm thinking about now is getting the fuck out of here. I've been looking at this insane shittiness for years, and thinking various things like "oh, Obama's going to sort things out." Like a gobshite.

Americans have been fed into the grinder for generations.

Loads of people hate Americans. But on average they're this unbelievably brutalized people. Leave aside the racism, and the insane police. They get no holidays.

Haha, funny, equating holidays with racism. Dick.

But if you need to brutalize a people, you make them work, relentlessly.

Then you get no health care.

Don't get sick. You cunt. Even if you work, and you have health insurance, you're on the rack if you get sick. So don't get sick.

They have miserable education unless they're in the minute few that gets chosen to go to MIT or whatever. So you pay vast amounts to Universities, and pay that off until you're in your mid 40s.

I've never seen anything like it. You have a population of people who are brutalized and scammed from birth. And then we give out to them for being weird.

I'm a prick. I'm not even a very clever or funny prick. I'm completely unequipped for this bullshit. I feel fucking horrible for people here, but these days my life revolves around thinking about getting the fuck out.

Maybe No. 7 is right, that... I dunno, this is the current admins fault? Biden is going to save us. I don't think it is, and I don't think Biden is going to do shit. I think that actively making the problem worse (Trump/GOP) is only a bit worse than pretending everything is grand (Biden/Dems).

I think it's possible the US is not very far away from making meaningful changes. A few more months of this horrific shit might do it. I'm a passenger, we'll see.

Also I'm not trusting my opinion very much at the moment, and I'm wrong about lots of things. I'm not even very good at my job these days.

TL;DR: I thought cycling was clean in the 90s. I'd probably take no. 7's opinion over mine, and I'm me.

Has anyone asked Morrissey his opinion on all this yet? Feels like we’re due it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

honestly, delving into the defensive world of Morrissey fans as they try to justify their no tolerance for racism except for when Morrissey does it is probably the distraction I need right now.

former Ireland footballer Clinton Morrison said on Sky Sports News 20 minutes ago
that as a black English born player he "used to get terrible racism" playing for Ireland.

former Ireland footballer Clinton Morrison said on Sky Sports News 20 minutes ago
that as a black English born player he "used to get terrible racism" playing for Ireland.
I bet he did. It's the easiest, lowest hanging fruit available and it cuts across the spectrum. You can still easily campaign on it in Ireland.

I, a white-ass Irish kid, got racist abuse in school (in Ireland) for being born in England. Not entirely sure what race they thought I was.

Clinton said he bottled this up and hasn't spoken about this but hopefully he will now.
this is something we need listen to and should get a lot of attention in next few days.

yeah - Scutter i've heard of the bullshit you experienced many times.

I, a white-ass Irish kid, got racist abuse in school (in Ireland) for being born in England. Not entirely sure what race they thought I was.

Where I went to school there was a *hush tones* prodestant school across from ours in plain view. I clearly remember the teacher telling us 'those people are different'. I was probably 6 or 7. I'm from the border, i make jokes about it, i make jokes about brits, i make jokes designed to bring people into such a rage they cant think straight, but that said It takes years that to decode that I've been fed a mish-mash of information that largely ends up equating to 'irish freedom is hating/mistrusting the brits'. Taught to be suspicious of an english accent (not by my parents) from childhood. I grew out of it but it is still 100% a feature of where i'm from. HEY SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE ENGLISH OR HAVE ENGLISH ACCENTS OR ARE IRISH AMERICAN.

fuck the nyt
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Honestly they're the paper of Bret Stephens and David Brooks, it's hardly the first dumb, murderous opinion piece it's printed. I don't 100% get the uproar over this piece aside from it's bad optics to show your hand like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back