US politics (2 Viewers)

Imagine him getting banned and starting up second and third accounts, and joining the Glinner twitter website and everything.

There's a bizarre truth to these two scenarios that I can't quite get my head around.

It's like, Trump could literally succeed in starting a civil war with hundreds of thousands of deaths and entire cities burning... or the mod could ban him and he'll sulk very loudly about it but that'll stop him setting the powder keg off.

(Of course, it'd be great if they hadn't spent the past 50-60 years building the powder keg... but I digress)

Yeah I made that post before I'd seen that he'd been talking 'dominance' on a conference call at the governers today - I actually think tonight is bellwether stuff - do the govs follow his barking and go martial law in 20 something states, or are they gonna be like 'no agression in the west tonight'.

He's getting off light with the anonymous releases really.

The cops get a good deal on buying old military shit second hand.

Yeah. There seems to be a whole industry built up around flogging ex-mil stuff to PDs. R & D for those things are quite high I'm assuming, and if your sole market is US Mil and they decide to switch to a different vehicle you'd be up shit creek.

So just flog them to the Alabama PDs etc. Cops bang on relentlessly about how dangerous the job is (despite the fact it's not very dangerous), so the stuff sells itself.

Well the NYPD is a deeply irish organisation.
Then you have the likes of Bull Connor
All you need for racism is white people

This just seems like a stereotype, but maybe I'm too close to it

There have been public police forces beating up black people in the US since long long before the Irish arrived.
Yeah, that's right. It's the English that are to blame.

There's a bizarre truth to these two scenarios that I can't quite wrap my head around.

It's like, Trump could literally succeed in starting a civil war with hundreds of thousands of deaths and entire cities burning... or the mod could ban him and he'll sulk very loudly about it but that'll stop him setting the powder keg off.

Or we could equally just wait until his political party, thousands of people representing the people of the US, who've sworn a literal oath to protect the country against exactly this, step in and tell him to stop.

Only joking. Yeah, no, let's hope the Twitter mods put a lid on things.

Irish Cops in Boston, New Jersey & New York were notoriously racist.

In America the irish initially struggled as poor immigrants and suffered through bigotry.
then they noticed they could blend in as 'white' by joining the Police force and beat down on Black Immigrants, instead of actually helping them or showing any solidarity, they beat and killed many a black folk, just like the cunts that hired them.
Most successful American-Irish person usually benefitted from their racist job, family, community or peers.
this is well known and documented.

and to make the point, look at Trump's whitehouse and how many of those cunts in there have what is considered an Irish surname. because theyre all racist pieces of shit

^this is just the gist of it and i am open to correction

The Irish are so good at racism, we're racist to other white people.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mean Jesus Christ,

Step 1: you don't give the Police tanks FFS.

maybe that's a national guard tank though, uh... that's better I guess?

Step 1: you don't give the Police tanks FFS.

maybe that's a national guard tank though, uh... that's better I guess?

tanks but no tanks.

Since George Floyd was murdered its been terminal escalation. Everything is just a protest till someone shows up with a riot shield. 40 journos were arrest in one day. national guard called in. Escalation after escalation. You want to diffuse that stuff you send one person down in a t-shirt for a chat and give a little. The pattern of continual escalation is fuelling Ann posts theory that to one donald trump, this is the america he wants for the election.

this is just the gist of it
I get that this is the stereotype. I absolutely do.
But I'd struggle to think of one White House cabinet member with an Irish surname.
He favours English and Germans like Barr, Devos, Miller. Or Jews like Mnuchin, Kushner.

Most every white person in America benefits from white supremacy in some form or another; I just don't see Irish people as being particularly guilty of it more than others. Italians can be brutal. Trump country in the midwest is chocker with Germans and Scandanavians.
And painting all Irish Americans as being this way, just seems lazy.

But it's the way I generally feel about the English - bunch of xenophobic rat fucks - so I really can't throw a lot of stones.

I get that this is the stereotype. I absolutely do.
But I'd struggle to think of one White House cabinet member with an Irish surname.
He favours English and Germans like Barr, Devos, Miller. Or Jews like Mnuchin, Kushner.

Most every white person in America benefits from white supremacy in some form or another; I just don't see Irish people as being particularly guilty of it more than others. Italians can be brutal. Trump country in the midwest is chocker with Germans and Scandanavians.

But it's the way I generally feel about the English - bunch of xenophobic rat fucks - so I really can't throw a lot of stones.

i specifically mentioned parts of America and a time span

I just don't see Irish people as being particularly guilty of it more than others. Italians can be brutal.

I'd see it more that as the source country we should be actively calling out that it isn't in keeping with the downtrodden irish passport we trade on globally. I thought that cartoon made a great job of expressing that. Do i think Irish americans are pricks? no. I think the % that cartoon refers to should have to look at it though - if you are marching in st patricks day parade in 2021 and you've spent 2020 with a baton controlling the poor then you need to see that cartoon. We aren't responsible for the dutch in the midwest, we are kinda responsible for the NYPD pipe bad though.

i specifically mentioned parts of America and a time span

You think NYC is any worse or better than LA? Come on.
Boston than Seattle?
Every city in America is notoriously racist, pretty much. Except Atlanta, maybe.

I didn't get a time span at all. But I get what you're saying.

All you need for racism is white people
All you need for racism is a distinguishing characteristic that's inherited

The fundamental trouble with police forces everywhere is that they by their nature attract people who like to dominate other people - if you're a domineering type, why wouldn't you be a cop and get to be domineering as part of your job? Sound people join the cops for lots of good reasons too, I'm sure, but it's always an attractive option for unpleasant people who wouldn't be able to exercise their unpleasantness otherwise. Teaching used to be the same in Ireland I'd say, but that's changed.

IMO a country starts to really get into dangerous territory if their police force gets a reputation for being violent and/or cruel, because then people who actually are violent/cruel are attracted to it, and downhill we all go

Teaching used to be the same in Ireland I'd say, but that's changed.
Yeah
Also with teaching, because there was fuck all steady work elsewhere, you'd get people with fantastic qualifications teaching - great for us, we had a PhD teaching us Leaving Cert English - but you'd have to imagine there was some fairly deep reservoirs of regret and ambitions denied too.
A 1.1 in art and you're trying to control a bunch of snotty dopes that couldn't care less.

Can anyone give a bit of veracity to this video? There's something about it that doesn't seem to make sense. Apparently it's either the Black Hebrew Isrealites, or maybe it's the "Army of Justice". But I don't know when or where that video comes from.

Maybe the real terrorists who hate them for their freedoms were the cops they met along the way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back