What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (5 Viewers)

They're burning down parts of Minneapolis, including a cop shop.

I think this is the best case scenario for the ruling class / cops. Venting the anger.

But let's think about how, let's say an Irish population, would respond to the systemic denial of rights by an occupying military force, which does nothing to represent them, but instead represents an oppressive ruling class.

Hypothetically, they might decide that they were a bit tired of attempting to fix the situation with politics, and some of the more reactionary people might form together into a number of cells all of which go to make up an ad hoc military entity. And start an orchestrated campaign of asymmetric war. That entity could go to other countries looking for backing, and some of those countries might be quite happy to fund a destabilizing force.

Then all they'd need to find would be a population of disaffected young people, who feel that they were personally abused by this occupying force, have very few prospects, and have a willingness to carry out attacks on that occupying force.

And maybe some guns.

There are a few rumours of a po-lice agent actually starting the vandalisations.

There was that CNN reporter arrested live on tv which i'd live to say is the worst thing i've seen this week but its far from it. I don't like saying it but I think trump is getting the america he wanted. At war with itself and is looking at throwing the national guard in, which, instead of you know, charging a murderer with murder will stain that country with division for a generation.

Yup. There were two reporters standing side by side. A black lad, and a white lad.

Guess which reporter was cuffed and dragged off by the cops.

Trump supporters have been itching for a race war from before Trump existed.

I'm behind the curve too - the national guard are drafted already. Anyone any good at reading cyrillic? America tearing itself up would push russia centre stage for the irelands.

I really don't think that many people want a race war, the US has been trying to run itself as a military society at war with someone since the 40s though hasn't it?

I really don't think that many people want a race war, the US has been trying to run itself as a military society at war with someone since the 40s though hasn't it?

How many people were actively running the Ra?

We know that Gerry Adams clearly wasn't. We can tick his name off. But from the remaining population on the island, I wonder how many they needed to actually run an insurrection. A lot of people need to look the other way. Logistically it would be more difficult now because of pervasive spying.

No ideas. graham linehen liked the tweet though so 🤷🏻‍♂️

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Turns out some 26-year-old beat up a 61-year-old at a rally

But you wouldn't give a fuck about it unless you were deep in the trenches
Fucking mad world

Shouldn't Rowling sign every tweet with JK ?
As a get out clause?

I use A-Aron for every Aaron I know

Like, you'd actually pronounce both A's?

There's a thing with a bio word: Oocytes, where some people say "oh-oh-sites". My whole lab was basically saying it. I used to say ew-cytes, but they all had loads of PhDs so I think I now say "oh-oh-sites". Although this tends not to come up in casual conversation these days.

I also say weird things like col-ewe-ums for columns. Everything thinks that's fucking heelarious.

Obviously you can't talk about lorries, or filums, or the cinema.

I think my all time favourite mispronunciation of all time, ever, was paradigm. We had a few lectures on the Central Dogma of Biology, and how there was a paradigm shift.

Except, it was a para-dig-um shift. There were days and days of para-digums. It was absolutely class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back