US politics (6 Viewers)

Holy shit, it seems like the defense of Biden is taking down a fair amount of Ronan Farrow's stuff

and I don't mean that in a conspiratorial way, I just mean that they've been forced to reexamine what he published before and what they accepted without really questioning it.

I would say that US has some parallel with the UK from last year most notably that Biden really has the potential to be almost as useless and ineffective as Corbyn but whatever happens in Bidens case it won't be a similarly excruciatingly long and drawn out process.

I probably consider the 1904 Ashburton by-election where Harry Trelawney Eve defeated Richard Harrison a better comparison.

Holy shit, it seems like the defense of Biden is taking down a fair amount of Ronan Farrow's stuff

and I don't mean that in a conspiratorial way, I just mean that they've been forced to reexamine what he published before and what they accepted without really questioning it.

I spent a very unproductive few hours at the weekend reading about KGB styled organisations and I cant look straight at this piece at all.

I spent a very unproductive few hours at the weekend reading about KGB styled organisations and I cant look straight at this piece at all.
It's a psy-op to smear Ronan Farrow because he's about to come out with a piece against Biden.

source: twitter rumour based on nothing.

This is the guy who wrote it:

Ben Smith is the media columnist. He joined The New York Times in 2020 after eight years as founding editor in chief of BuzzFeed News. Before that, he covered politics for Politico, The New York Daily News, The New York Observer and The New York Sun.

I guess you need to look at what he's done in the past to make your mind up on how much you believe of this story. He looks like a fairly conservative guy, but he's not an extreme right winger or someone coming from nowhere. He's been around for some time.

If it's coming with an agenda, manipulative etc, I guess the way it would have to work is the source contacts him, feeds him the narrative, and he swallows it. And NY Times editorial board would have to be happy with the work too.
Major story damaging Farrow? who's a journalist star I suppose. That's a big story for your career.

It's hard to know.

If I was Trump I'd just keep on doubling down with the fascist tweets from here on out.

"Oh yizz are all going to vote me out in November are you @taylorswift13?
Be a bit hard to vote WHEN I'VE PUT YOU ALL IN JAIL, won't it?
#trumpLivesMatter"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back