The Thumped Motoring Forum (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
Parts of this are interesting in terms the manufacturers perspective. Obviously it completely ignores the concept of an actual crisis, but it is informative all the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hatav_Rdnno

Finally found a donor car with an identical engine to mine to convert my auto transmission to a manual 5 speed, Which I’m very excited about.
Spent 45 mins on the phone to the guy who just wants to to get rid of it from his donor car. It’s the last thing worth anything so he’s eager to help me remove and buy it. At a decent price too.
Sounded like a nice fellah.
Only problem is it’s in Galway so will have to wait a while but it’s another off the long list

Finally found a donor car with an identical engine to mine to convert my auto transmission to a manual 5 speed, Which I’m very excited about.
Spent 45 mins on the phone to the guy who just wants to to get rid of it from his donor car. It’s the last thing worth anything so he’s eager to help me remove and buy it. At a decent price too.
Only problem is it’s in Galway so will have to wait a while but it’s another off the long list

ohhh East Galway?

Have my NCT retest tomorrow morning in Dundalk.

Passed everything last time except ye underbody inspection which they couldn't do at the time due to a manufacturing fault/recall.

Anywhos,

I've just spent another 7 hours grinding out rusted out parts of my underbody / wheel wells / treating them / filling with fancy fibber glass patches and filler and then sanding and repeat. Then painted them. Not to mention that 2 part epoxy putter I used to rebuild one of the rear reg plate light sockets in the boot lid that had disintegrated.

Found more rusty holes and gouged out loads of shite and cleared and cleaned loads of stuff then treated and painted.
About 7 hours today buy only an hour needed in the morning for a last coat of paint on a part.

Once it passes this NCT ( 🤞🏼 )
the car will be 40 years old next year and NCT exempt (until I replace The engine in a few years) so lots of temporary work done lately to get it over the line.

When I have a garage (next year hopefully) I can pull all the temp fixes, buy a welder and get cracking on some permanent solutions.

Tried to remove it on yesterday. Left It toO late. Had the da with me and between three of us It had us beat. Back again in two weeks to get the fucker out

Have my NCT retest tomorrow morning in Dundalk.

Passed everything last time except ye underbody inspection which they couldn't do at the time due to a manufacturing fault/recall.

Anywhos,

I've just spent another 7 hours grinding out rusted out parts of my underbody / wheel wells / treating them / filling with fancy fibber glass patches and filler and then sanding and repeat. Then painted them. Not to mention that 2 part epoxy putter I used to rebuild one of the rear reg plate light sockets in the boot lid that had disintegrated.

Found more rusty holes and gouged out loads of shite and cleared and cleaned loads of stuff then treated and painted.
About 7 hours today buy only an hour needed in the morning for a last coat of paint on a part.

Once it passes this NCT ( 🤞🏼 )
the car will be 40 years old next year and NCT exempt (until I replace The engine in a few years) so lots of temporary work done lately to get it over the line.

When I have a garage (next year hopefully) I can pull all the temp fixes, buy a welder and get cracking on some permanent solutions.

Passed the NCT!

in my sister's housing estate, a kid of five and a kid of seven have keyed somewhere between 30 and 50 cars today. gardai were called. i suspect that's going to get very messy.
somehow my sister's car escaped damage, but her next door neighbour's one was damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back