What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (3 Viewers)

The angry lady with the Instagram dog got shitcanned
Corporate America does not want that stink on it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This will be a Memorial Day to remember for her

TPM went to take the piss out of gemmtrails.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

She'll probably end up with a nice claim out of that now, Murca
This dude is like a real life super hero
Harvard grad, Marvel editor, Audobon board member - carries dog treats with him to discourage bad doggo behaviour???

If only they'd both known each other's surname, they coulda had a Martha! moment

Harvard grad, Marvel editor, Audobon board member - carries dog treats with him to discourage bad doggo behaviour???

If only they'd both known each other's surname, they coulda had a Martha! moment
To the horn thread!

also uses the word “scofflaw” in general discourse.

I want to see a CNN report on this with Anderson Cooper.

She'll probably end up with a nice claim out of that now, Murca

Realistically I'd say her life is going to be made a misery for some time. If I was her, I'd shave my head and probably change my name. And leave the country if possible.

What makes her actions especially horrible is the majority of cops are pretty much living for the chance to shoot a black guy, so her panicked phone call is calling open season on any black male in the uptown area. I think it was yesterday (?) that someone filmed a cop kneeling on a handcuffed black guy's neck, for 9 minutes, until he died. While two other cops held him down, while another one kept sketch.

Huge numbers of police in the US are bouncing off the walls fucking insane. And if they themselves are not out and out wife beating racist thugs, they are actively covering up for their colleagues who are.

is the majority of cops are pretty much living for the chance to shoot a black guy, so her panicked phone call is calling open season on any black male in the uptown area
I dunno it being a majority of cops living to kill black guys, but she's basically threatening to Eric Garner him, yeah - that's most everyone's interpretation

I think it was yesterday (?) that someone filmed a cop kneeling on a handcuffed black guy's neck, for 9 minutes, until he died. While two other cops held him down, while another one kept sketch.
And yeah, it doesn't help her case that George Floyd was murdered by cops later the same day

I dunno it being a majority of cops living to kill black guys, but she's basically threatening to Eric Garner him, yeah - that's most everyone's interpretation

And yeah, it doesn't help her case that George Floyd was murdered by cops later the same day

Maybe I exaggerated a teeny bit.

It is really unreal to see how cops here treat people though. Via my ex I knew NYPD and NJPD in... like, a social setting. Driving obliterated drunk is fine, and there's tiresome constant voicing of racist views. That's really just the start of it though, there's insane views off all descriptions, including quainter old fashioned stuff like something something the Jews.

The pervading attitude is clearly: we hate the public. The running joke of "Protect and Serve" is Orwellian.

I was never a huge fan of the Guards in Ireland. I thought they were more or less grand... I guess. One drove his car into me while he was tearing through a junction, on the wrong side of the road, through a red light, and then made up a load of lies about it. That wasn't great. Clearly there's some light corruption here and there. But I was never actively on the lookout and bricking myself when I saw a Guard.

I am honestly scared of the cops here. And, I'm a painfully boring, law abiding white guy, admittedly with a strange accent and too much hair. I want to leave the US as soon as I can for various reasons, but the fact that there's effectively a violent gang roaming around with guns who are confident they are above the law, would be one of them.

I was never a huge fan of the Guards in Ireland. I thought they were more or less grand... I guess. One drove his car into me while he was tearing through a junction, on the wrong side of the road, through a red light, and then made up a load of lies about it. That wasn't great. Clearly there's some light corruption here and there. But I was never actively on the lookout and bricking myself when I saw a Guard.

If the Guards were carrying firearms as ubiquitously as US cops, I'd be just as scared. The Armed Response Unit guys in Dublin all swagger around with the same menacing gait as a lot of US cops, but are obviously far more bound in brandishing their weapons than their US counterparts.

Traveling in various US states, it always seemed that out on the highways if cops had stopped a car, the driver was an African American male. This was in Northeast, Midwest and the South (barely, Northern VA).

I've had very few positive experiences of the guards, almost all completely negative.
My most recent encounter with them was walking past two of them in a city centre street at night with nobody else around and one of them trying to start on me in the hope that I'd stop and get involved so that they could get an excuse to go at me.

My next most recent one before that was about a year ago going into a station to ask stuff for my friend that had been knocked off his bike by a drunk driver that then drove off. I was asking what was being done about it, because the guards at the time had done absolutely nothing even though the car would have had a massive dent on the bonnet from it, they basically said "Ah yeah we'll look into it". It happened on Parnell Street so I was asking if the guards would be checking CCTV in the area seeing as there must be something on the pubs and restaurants there. The response from the desk was basically "Go fuck yourself" in the words of "Well we know how to do our job, do you want to investigate it yourself". So in other words, you don't know how to do your job, because you're not fucking doing it. I bet the incident wasn't even logged the night it happened.

I think the most recent one after that was watching a guard patrol car drive past the academy on Abbey Street when there was a big crowd of mentallers throwing stuff at the bouncers outside. The guards had been called and the car just drove past without stopping when they saw that there were more hooligans there than guards in the car. There were even academy staff actually on the road trying to flag it down to stop, and the guards swerved around them and kept driving.

The first experience with the guards I remember was years and years ago in the street beside the George, having a guard threaten me after I overhead him saying to the bouncer there something like "We'll take care of this rabble for you, no questions asked" about a few lads that had been thrown out of the place and basically assaulted by the bouncers on the street. I said something like "Eh no actually your job isn't to let bouncers do whatever they want", so the guard got right in my face and threatened to drag me off with the other lads.

Actually now that I think of it the only positive guard experience I've had is with this one older lad that was on cycle patrol around the abbey street area and just talked away to me normally and turns out he's from near Keady up North and knows a mate of mine that lives around there.

So yeah apart from that I've seen nothing but total bullshit horrible attitude shite from them. Oh another one is a few years ago on Paddy's Day I was assaulted on the street, a minor thing with no damage done but assault nonetheless. Happened on Moore Street, naturally being Paddy's day there were fucking tonnes of people everywhere. I lived very close to the city centre and was heading home from work so was actually trying to avoid O'Connell street. Anyway after this group of idiots had fucked off after giving me shit, I found a group of guards near by and told them about it, and they literally laughed in my face, cause of the minor nature of it.

So in conclusion the guards are for the most part a shower of total bastards and I definitely agree with Scientician above that the only reason we're not worried about them like you would be about the American pigs is that they're not as blatantly cavalier with the guns. Being from Belfast I'd not be as bothered about them too because they didn't have armour and shit.

The cops are just a gang in every country anyway, a gang of bastards that do whatever they want as long as they think they can get away with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back