CBD Oil (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Anyone any personal experience of this?

Seems like a natural remedy for anxiety and insomnia. Like a lot of these things, its fairly new so not a lot known about it. And, because its marketed as a food supplement, its not scrutinised to the same extent that medicines are.

Just wondering if its any use.

I've never tried it even though it's easy enough to buy or see around it's a bit expensive there's atleast one producer of it in Ireland but I forget their name or website

I've a friend who swears by it. Totally swears by it. It helps with his sleep now that he's too much of a Proper Grown-Up to use booze and weed to sleep.
Other friends, who are bit more experimental also said it worked, but I don't trust them so much.

Apparently the whole Irish rugby team are mad for it as well.

There was a dedicated CBD shop down the road from me. I never brought myself to go in. I should have. It is damn expensive and I can't understand the measures. I wouldn't get it from H&B or Boots, I'd definitely rather talk to someone in a shop who knows what they're on about.

Also, there's a whole bunch of articles in The Guardian about CBD for your perusal.

We had considered its use for Eoin. So I asked around in health shops that sold it.they told me they could sell it legally but were not allowed to tell me anything about it. I felt that was really stupid.

In the end we didnt pursue it further as the other medications he was on started to settle with him and he got more comfortable.

The expense depends on how oily the plant is really or how many plants it would take to produce X amount of oil. There are some real medical arguments for cannabis in general I think other than getting wrecked you'd probably be just as well buying some vitmans or cod liver oil.

I took it for anxiety and insomnia, for maybe a week or so?

As far as I could tell at the time it did fuck all. I have really paradoxical reactions to a lot of drugs though; and the usual caveats apply: maybe I would have been in a worse state if I hadn't taken it, maybe I got the dose wrong, maybe I needed to use if for longer.

I am not sure how I managed to have so small an amount, but I used whatever amount I had and didn't bother buying it again. It was dissapointing. Having said that I'd give it another try myself, even despite that first run, and I'd also recommend other people try it, particularly since my reactions to certain drugs are so atypical. Some people seem to have a great reaction to it.

I took it for anxiety and insomnia, for maybe a week or so?

As far as I could tell at the time it did fuck all. I have really paradoxical reactions to a lot of drugs though; and the usual caveats apply: maybe I would have been in a worse state if I hadn't taken it, maybe I got the dose wrong, maybe I needed to use if for longer.

I am not sure how I managed to have so small an amount, but I used whatever amount I had and didn't bother buying it again. It was dissapointing. Having said that I'd give it another try myself, even despite that first run, and I'd also recommend other people try it, particularly since my reactions to certain drugs are so atypical. Some people seem to have a great reaction to it.

Same as me more or less.

Maybe we need stronger doses

It's supposed to be good for everything, which makes me think it's probably bollocks
This always sets off alarm bells for me. It’s been making waves for drug-resistant epilepsy but I haven’t seen any convincing evidence for it yet. That said, the dosages/strengths/quality of what people are using are all over the shop so it’s a lot of noise in terms of finding an effect. Cannabis and cannabis-derivatives are definitely a hot topic in neuroscience but they haven’t really delivered on the hype.

Cannabis and cannabis-derivatives are definitely a hot topic in neuroscience but they haven’t really delivered on the hype.

Another topic that's getting a load of attention now is treating mental health issues with psychodelics. It also has a sniff of the too-good-to-be-trues about it.

It's still a pain in the hole to actually get your hands on those compounds.

It's cool the research work is at least being done though, you can't fault people on that aspect of things.

Another topic that's getting a load of attention now is treating mental health issues with psychodelics. It also has a sniff of the too-good-to-be-trues about it.

It's still a pain in the hole to actually get your hands on those compounds.

It's cool the research work is at least being done though, you can't fault people on that aspect of things.
The psychedelics approach is a lot stronger in my view than the CBD one. I think the researchers involved in the likes of the MDMA and psylocibin work are being a lot more careful about their claims and their applications. I’ve seen some really interesting data from in-house research in major Pharma companies that looks promising - especially so considering we have a much better grasp on the pharmacology and biology of these compounds compared to cannabis (which is an absolute mess of different active compounds).

Same as me more or less.

Maybe we need stronger doses

From what little looking into it I did, it seems that if you're used to cannabinoid stuff in general, the stronger a dose you'll need. I don't really know why that should be if CBD is "like, totally not like weed maaaan".

The doses you can get are fecking wildly broad. That's the bit that worries me the most.

The psychedelics approach is a lot stronger in my view than the CBD one. I think the researchers involved in the likes of the MDMA and psylocibin work are being a lot more careful about their claims and their applications. I’ve seen some really interesting data from in-house research in major Pharma companies that looks promising - especially so considering we have a much better grasp on the pharmacology and biology of these compounds compared to cannabis (which is an absolute mess of different active compounds).

Right.

I guess I'm reading these papers, and seeing studies popping up all over the place, the results are unreal. If some small fraction of these results are actually holding up in larger studies then the choice to ~ban research on these compounds would be one of the bigger fuckups the medical field has made.

The results are amazing to the point that I'm struggling to believe them. But, yeah, you're right, it's way more controlled work and so on.

From what little looking into it I did, it seems that if you're used to cannabinoid stuff in general, the stronger a dose you'll need. I don't really know why that should be if CBD is "like, totally not like weed maaaan".

The doses you can get are fecking wildly broad. That's the bit that worries me the most.

Thought the same.
So I enquired about stronger stuff and the prices were not far off the cost of weed.
I did not buy more CBD oil

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You'd wonder if it will eventually lead to some another types of industry or maybe it should be thought of as decaffeinated coffee and alcohol free beer

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You'd wonder if it will eventually lead to some another types of industry or maybe it should be thought of as decaffeinated coffee and alcohol free beer

Very interesting.
€13 For 1g of hash (With almost no THC) is ludicrous.

€100 for a quarter.

That’s approx 4 times the price of regular shit hash

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back