What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

I'm watching when eight bells toll. It's on filmfour now. I really like this film. Watched it loads of times. It's got that bleak, British, early 70s atmosphere that I love.

We watched Breakdown. A mid 90's Kurt Russell action film, that looks like it had been around since the eighty's.
Not bad, but not great either.
Then, Hunt for the wilderpeople. Great film. Recommended.
Finally Now you see me. Awful crap. Avoid.

Onward - a lovely movie so it is
Jumanji: The Next Level - stupid, stupid funny. That eunuch joke felt a bit out of place for the target audience.

Fedora. Billy Wilder’s dark Hollywood mystery about a washed up film producer trying to track down reclusive actress who is being held prisoner by a weird cult in Corfu. I think it’s considered one of his lesser films but I liked it. Great opening scene which hooks you right in and the dreamy, sinister atmosphere was a bit Lynchian, I thought

We watched Breakdown. A mid 90's Kurt Russell action film, that looks like it had been around since the eighty's.
Not bad, but not great either.
Then, Hunt for the wilderpeople. Great film. Recommended.
Finally Now you see me. Awful crap. Avoid.
And I also watched Breakdown last night! Remember liking it from before and it is pretty good. Great locations, nice tense set up, not too long. The French original is still better though.

Interview with the Vampire - Has dated a good bit but still a decent movie.
Marianne and Leonard - Really great, though there was something in my eye towards the end...
Labyrinth - Watched this with my daughter and it was electric, scary enough to keep her heartrate up but not too much.

watched the recent Beastie Boys movie last night. Ended up really liking it but took a while to warm to it. Wasn't a huge fan of the format of the two lads presenting their story from a stage with a live crowd initially

I watched England is mine. It's a Morrissey biopic about the years before the smiths. It was okay. A lot of naval gazing but I kind of liked the stillness of parts of it. Trying to portray the bleak empty hours & depression. The film looked good, elegantly drab.

Also the gauntlet, a classic from the golden age of Clint. I really like this film, but the ending is ridiculous. There has to be an easier way to stop a bus.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
  • dudley
  • G
  • Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back