Unpopular Opinions (3 Viewers)

I actually really like Billie Eilish, she has some great tunes. The supertinystrainigtohearyouatalltimeswhisper voice is so so, but she's cool, a good role model for teenage girls, and has some mad videos.

Melanie Martinez freaks the shit out of me, that heavy "daddy" vibe.
This is just gorgeous

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Charity in general doesn't solve the underlying structural or societal problems.

The gays on twitter (well 3 of them) are saying things approaching conversion therapy about pieta house which moves it from being an ineffectual feel good movement charity to being actively destructive.

All prohibition, for all drugs, doesn't work and needs to stop.
Doesn't matter what the drug is, weed, heroin, meth, coke. The concept of illegal drugs needs to go away.

If you are heroin addict say: you're given a health check up, given a heroin addict card, and you can show up at a local room where you'll get medical grade heroin and clean needles for as long as you want. You aren't a criminal, you don't need to do criminal things to get gear, it's made clear that help is available if you'd ever like to stop taking heroin but if choose you can go on injecting heroin three times daily for the rest of your life.

If you want coke or something, that's considered recreational. You need to purchase it, but again it will be medical grade and ethically sourced.

I'm not sure exactly how you split the recreational drugs versus the addiction drugs. I suppose if your life is unraveling and you're absolutely fucked a decision can be made on a case by case basis.

That's hardly an unpopular opinion. I am in a "lefty bubble" admittedly, but there's only three people I know who are against some kind of legalisation. Two of them are my parents, and even they're on the fence, the other one is the most tragically alcoholic man I've ever known.

For the record, I do not partake. I find it too much hassle. If things were legal, I would partake, it would even out my drinking.

That's hardly an unpopular opinion. I am in a "lefty bubble" admittedly, but there's only three people I know who are against some kind of legalisation. Two of them are my parents, and even they're on the fence, the other one is the most tragically alcoholic man I've ever known.

For the record, I do not partake. I find it too much hassle. If things were legal, I would partake, it would even out my drinking.
Is it not, no?

I've mentioned it to a couple of people over here, none of them agreed with me. Ireland / UK might be more enlightened. I'm out of touch.

Like, I'm including heroin, crack, meth. Nothing is prohibited. You can't just waltz into your local Statoil and pick up a baggie of meth with your petrol. If you want gear you go to specific places and purchase it. It would be like booze, you'd need to be over a certain age. If you are a registered addict then you need a medical check up, if you're means tested to be unable to pay for your drugs then you can get stuff for free.

thats interesting to me..I seem to be in an increasingly righty bubble and I hate it

I need to get back into a lefty bubble

How can you tell?

Like, how would I know what bubble I'm in? I assumed I was like Sean, more or less in a lefty bubble. But... that's because I am a lefty, and I'd probably pay more attention to left winger stuff so I'd get that conformation bias thing.

How can you tell?

Like, how would I know what bubble I'm in? I assumed I was like Sean, more or less in a lefty bubble. But... that's because I am a lefty, and I'd probably pay more attention to left winger stuff so I'd get that conformation bias thing.
Because they keep saying objectionable things

In my little nook of London, weed is basically legal outright. Other things, police will just watch who you're talking to. The police are pretty understanding of the people they have to deal with. They're basically psychiatric nurses in the big asylum that is Souf Ees Lahndan.

Travel a couple of miles in any direction and it's a different story,

I dunno. I mean, off the top of my head I can think of 6 people I considered "mates" at least, who've been sectioned because of shit skunk and crack and ketamine. Mostly skunk. All good honest hard working dirt poor people. If they had had good legal weed and the ability to pay for it, they'd have never gone on to trying the dirty shit skunk. So that's my main thought on legalisation.

Lefty bubble? Well we're all in a bubble right now. I do kinda miss coming into work on a Monday and one of colleagues will have the weekend Telegraph laid out for us to read. I got along with those people, and they probably thought they were centrist, but it didn't take much to push them into proto-nazi bullshit. It's just because they're kinda stupid. Which leads us to jingoism and the English education system and Thatcherism.......................

Like, I'm including heroin, crack, meth. Nothing is prohibited.
i'm often a 'yes, but...' person.
look at how much people can fuck themselves up with drink. but crack, or even heroin?
i've a good friend who has tried everything - a genuine 'i want to experience it before i pass judgement on it' chap - and crack scared the shit out of him

Stuff like weed and dope should totally just be legal. I wouldn't be for legalising shit like heroin, meth and crack, but there's also clearly fuck all point in criminalising addicts for possession. Possession of small amounts for personal use shouldn't be punished, but being caught dealing large amounts should be a get fucked thing.
I do think there must be room to regulate the heavier stuff in some way too, it makes a lot of sense to have it available in some way to addicts that means they can get small amounts from properly made sources instead of having to rely on totally dodgy shit off the street. I dunno is there a word for this kind of thing, seems like 'legalisation' is a bit further than that whilst 'decriminalisation' isn't quite far enough. Maybe it's just 'proper regulation' or something.

i'm often a 'yes, but...' person.
look at how much people can fuck themselves up with drink. but crack, or even heroin?
i've a good friend who has tried everything - a genuine 'i want to experience it before i pass judgement on it' chap - and crack scared the shit out of him

Yeah. There we go! I believed in my unpopularity.

I don't think it's a great idea to smoke crack. The law should be there to try to prevent fraud, sexual predators, people that go out and actively harm other people. The likes of US President for example. It shouldn't be there to make moral judgements about whether they agree with you hurting yourself.

If you want to do certain things to yourself, then it's up to you. It's not up to the courts to say: I have moral problems with you doing that to yourself, you're not allowed.

There's other arguments you can make, your mate smoked crack once and said: grand, that'll do for me. I've been injected with heroin at least three times (I'm not sure, there was medics involved, I forget the details). Neither I nor your mate are crack or heroin addicts, because we didn't need that in our lives.

Lots of people do need crack or heroin in their lives. It's a thing, they aren't bad people, they just feel they have pain to the extent that they need it. I'd say if you need heroin in your life every day then there's a problem which can be looked at and hopefully be solved without the need for heroin. But I'd not say it's illegal, you're a criminal, force you to do a load of other criminal shitty things, prop up criminal empires, and so on. Either try to solve the base problem or don't, but in the mean time make the heroin part do as little damage to other people and you as possible.

But that's a different argument, maybe I shouldn't even include it. The main one is it's none of anyone's business what you smoke, or inject.

Sectioned? You mean put in a mental hospital? How is skunk different to just normal weed?

Skunk isn't normal weed. It's a rough equivalent to it made in a lab, or a bathtub. Then sprayed onto otherwise useless marijuana leaves. So it's unpredictable. Or so is my understanding, I tend to zone out when I listen to stoners talking about getting stoned. It's so fucking boring.

But yes, by sectioned I mean sectioned. A couple of them got arrested and sentenced. A couple of them started with skunk and moved inexorably to crack. Either way there was state intervention for their benefit because they were mental from smoking shitty skunk and sometimes crack.

Again, that's the argument for legalisation. I know if each of those 6 guys had a fair crack at life, and legal safe weed, they'd probably be alright. I mean, there's no Einsteins in that group, but they'd be grand.

i've read superficially about how decriminalisation has worked in portugal, but on a single night in lisbon, you'd be offered drugs more often than a year walking around most other major cities. it's kinda odd to experience it for the first time.

Good thing you can just say no!

55488.jpg

i've read superficially about how decriminalisation has worked in portugal, but on a single night in lisbon, you'd be offered drugs more often than a year walking around most other major cities. it's kinda odd to experience it for the first time.

Had the opposite experience in Porto;
Zilch, zero nada At the music festival in the evenings.
People were mostly sober. Fittingly, a sobering experience.

We headed down to the city centre during the days to check it out and try buy some holiday festival drugs.
Couldn’t even get weed.
Nothing.

It was then I realised their decriminalisation approach appeared to be quite the success (not if you’re a stupid tourist wanting drugs though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back