Facebook (1 Viewer)

I kinda think they aren't social networks until you've a viable community on them. Twitter and pinterest pushed really hard at stuff like SWSX to get trendy people on them, if 80-100 of the right people jump on it then it'll succeed, if not, Ello 2.0.

DUBLIN — When Valera Zaicev began working in Dublin as one of Facebook’s moderators a couple years ago, he knew he’d be looking at some of the most graphic and violent content on the internet.

What he didn’t know was that Facebook would be counting the seconds of his bathroom breaks.

the problem wasn't their app, it was the other apps that use their code that phones home to facebook to tell them what you're doing.

The other apps worked fine without facebook?

yep

apart from wanting to do this stuff

The Facebook SDK is included in apps by developers for a number of reasons, from offering single sign-on using users' Facebook accounts to enabling sophisticated metrics for Facebook ads. The apps were attempting to communicate with Facebook's servers and crashing as a result. The crashes happened even if users were not logged in to Facebook, did not have any apps made by Facebook installed, or were not using any Facebook-related features in the affected apps.

Where's the "Fuck Facebook" thread?

It appears that Facebook, in a cackhanded attempt at being "right on" has deleted any account with "skinhead" in the details. Apparently this is a global issue. So if you're wondering why your friends have gone, they haven't unfriended you it's just this platform has taken a very disturbing new turn.

Where's the "Fuck Facebook" thread?

It appears that Facebook, in a cackhanded attempt at being "right on" has deleted any account with "skinhead" in the details. Apparently this is a global issue. So if you're wondering why your friends have gone, they haven't unfriended you it's just this platform has taken a very disturbing new turn.
IMG_20200609_062405_985.jpg

zoidberg has taken the pro-trump line on this so I kinda looked at it and thought 'this is unlikely' or this is a bit of reverse psychology.

I'm aware that skinheads can be nice people.

I'm not going to get into the whole "skinheads are/are not racist" thing either.

Americans , in general, think "skinhead" is another word for neo-nazi or white nationalist. This may be another example of the discourse on social media being seen through an American perspective.

It might be significant in that their narrow world view has caused censorship where it shouldn't have, which could have greater implications if this is setting a precedent.

It's interesting that there is nothing online about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back