Corona Lifestyles - the new daily routine thread. (2 Viewers)

I'm on day three of the 5k a day plan, which was much easier than day 2.

Also there was zero graves being dug when I ran through the graveyard this evening, so I'm going to assume the pandemic is over, and I can give this running business a rest.

It's a good addition to the pandemic routine. Any thoughts of doing two runs a day can fuck off for the time being.

Also cold shower is getting easier, nice warm feeling from that point in the day on.

but I haven't been this stress free in a long time

I'm still a fair bit more stressed out than previously. The kids thing is just hard, and the job seems to get harder every day. People are getting harsher and harsher, including myself most likely. I'm thinking about just taking time off, weirldly enough. It's starting to freak me out, although the running is keeping me sane.

But in fairness we've all turned into council house's. We do flip all do drugs. And generally be healthy walk-in around and stuff. I reckon this is what the garden of eden was like. Just chilling in general. You have to forget the big picture of work get stuff. Get more stuff. And instead just enjoy the point of everyone being free and easy

But in fairness we've all turned into council house's. We do flip all do drugs. And generally be healthy walk-in around and stuff. I reckon this is what the garden of eden was like. Just chilling in general. You have to forget the big picture of work get stuff. Get more stuff. And instead just enjoy the point of everyone being free and easy
would be more easily done if we knew there was an end to is in sight.

no shit though, my anxiety was up a few days ago at the thoughts of having to go back to the office next week. Now it looks like thats not gonna happen, everything is grand again.

basically, fucked if you do, fucked if you don't

07:00 Tumble out of bed
07:01 And stumble to the kitchen
07:06 Pour myself a cup of ambition
07.07 And yawn and stretch and try to come to life
07:15 Jump in the shower
07:16 And the blood starts pumping

I tried spicing up the fried eggs this morning with this new chili paste I got.

Heap a load of it onto the pan, and after a minute the seeds start going off like pop corn.

Oh, hah, funny, I didn't know chili pepper seeds could do that :)

About ten seconds later the apartment is bathed in something close to tear gas. I'm turning off the pan, but the bastards are sill popping, so I'm trying to ventilate the place, but I'm coughing and sneezing, like a maniac.

My quite religious, extremely nice, Ethiopian neighbours got the treat of seeing me stagger out onto the balcony in my jocks, eyes streaming, unable to speak because of the panicked coughing while they had their morning sun and coffee.

"The man must have the Coronavirus"

The Corona Virus Special brew edition. I did the one finger in the air "give me a moment" bit, but gave up on that because I needed water, pronto.

They are the most achingly nice neighbours I've ever had, they give the children beads and sweet treats and things. Extremely well presented, always on top of things.

And in return they've seen me in all sorts of states hideousness, dragging muddy bikes up stairs, stinking, sweat pouring off me. It's always the same, they see me and smile warmly. She's probably dressed in white, most likely going to the church, he's perfectly put together.

At least we're usually quiet.

Aside: It's good the way that as soon as your online meetings start, you need to take a piss.

Running is hard. The first few days of the pandemic sanity run (tm) were all euphoria and pain. Now the legs just feel heavy and dead.

I don't remember it being this hard, like... something is different between now, and 20 years ago.

I'm not sure if I can stick with this. I can barely stand in the shower after.

Running is hard. The first few days of the pandemic sanity run (tm) were all euphoria and pain. Now the legs just feel heavy and dead.

I don't remember it being this hard, like... something is different between now, and 20 years ago.

I'm not sure if I can stick with this. I can barely stand in the shower after.
Have you got a foam roller? 5 minutes on that after any run makes a massive difference for recovery, especially for those of us in our dotage.

I ended up doing some unplanned garden maintenance with the next door neighbour yesterday. I was informed that we had decided to get rid of the (completely shit, in fairness) 20 year old hedges between the house next door’s front garden and ours. Grand, but then yer man starts digging them out immediately... I mean, what could I do? I had to help, I’m not a complete jerk, like, but the whole 2m thing is kind of impossible to adhere to 100% in that situation. I took some comfort in the fact that he works in a hospital and is being tested every couple of days (and temperature checked twice a day) so he’s probably ok, but am I?

Also my soft civil servant hands hurt now. I’ll probably get a callus.

I ended up doing some unplanned garden maintenance with the next door neighbour yesterday.

Also my soft civil servant hands hurt now. I’ll probably get a callus.

My Active Doctor in the Field is reporting a steep uptick in gardening injuries!

Have you got a foam roller? 5 minutes on that after any run makes a massive difference for recovery, especially for those of us in our dotage.

Sort of a self massager are they? I have some flaoty pool faom tubes. This is massager yoke is looking more sturdy though.

Do you feel queasy after using it? I have a memory of feeling rough after getting post race leg massages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back