Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (6 Viewers)

Popped out for a cycle earlier. Saw cops stopping cars - presumably asking them where they were going. Swung by the same place 15 minutes later and there were arresting two lads on the GAA playing field near us. Don't know if they were arresting them for something else or just for hanging out together in public when they shouldn't be but ... either way ... looks like they are not messing around here and possibly sending out a message today that this is going to be enforced.

Popped out for a cycle earlier. Saw cops stopping cars - presumably asking them where they were going. Swung by the same place 15 minutes later and there were arresting two lads on the GAA playing field near us. Don't know if they were arresting them for something else or just for hanging out together in public when they shouldn't be but ... either way ... looks like they are not messing around here and possibly sending out a message today that this is going to be enforced.

did they pay any attention to you on the bike?

I went for a little cycle myself earlier, and to get some food messages, the lockdown was announced, just as I ran out of all the staples; bread, milk, butter....so I went to the shop...and it was very weird seeing the Gardai there-this was in Donnybrook...and it was a "one in one out" policy, almost like a twisted Covid-19 nightclub. It felt a bit eerie...and afterwards I just felt kind of weird, and still do...but know we have to keep going, day by day, bit by bit. I keep limiting my intake of the news, because it's been so relentless the last few days, and you can feel a bit helpless-but Thumped has actually been a calming little influence. Hope you're all doing as well as you can :love:

Today is my 14th and final day of self isolation. Whatever will I do with myself now I’m allowed out again?
How are you feeling? I would say if you have the strength up, to go for a walk, just to get some fresh air, and be a little bit in nature, and feel like you have awoken from hibernation :)

my last post here was about 2 km limit.
sorry folks, but tomorrow for first time in 6 days, i will have to go shopping for food -
7 miles away.

i have plenty of experience of not having things explained to
me by medical people that would simply take 90 seconds.

vast majority of us are likely to get virus at some stage -
and not because people go for walks on their own.

very surprisingly government are doing good job on whole.
l know idea is to slow down virus spread to buy time,

i always question things - no " just do what you're told".
a simple explanation would suffice.
i haven't found one online on why 2 km was chosen including government website.

if i'm told not to go out walking whatsoever i won't.

if you don't like what i'm saying just ignore this.

my last post here was about 2 km limit.
sorry folks, but tomorrow for first time in 6 days, i will have to go shopping for food -
7 miles away.
the 2km limit applies specifically, and only, to exercise. it's not a limit on how far you can travel to buy food. there is no stated limit on how far you need to travel to buy essentials.

I get the impression as we are still very much at the start of things. It's part of intensifying restrictions. Had it just been a straight away step to where we are now there would have been way more crazy reactions,but taking it a step at a time has us more likely to follow the restrictions

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back