You know you're getting old.... (1 Viewer)

all the chain oil - also if possible run it dry of fuel if you are going to store it a few months, it preserves the carburettor. the fuel expands and contracts in the day cycle of temperature and sucks in moisture that turns into condensation. theres probably a chain tightening ritual with that little chainsaw aswell every few uses.
Oh well. It'll be seized up, rusted piece of landfill by Spring

Seeing the two 20 somethings in work drinking those big cans of monster energy drinks every day and warning them that they're going rot the teeth out of their heads. I stop myself now because I sound like an auld git. Let them learn the hard way.

Seeing the two 20 somethings in work drinking those big cans of monster energy drinks every day and warning them that they're going rot the teeth out of their heads. I stop myself now because I sound like an auld git. Let them learn the hard way.

We have one of those too. Been to the dentist already this year, has 'trouble sleeping', instable moods. None of this is related to consuming something thats essentially five cups of coffee and three days of sugar as a meal every day.

There's a gig on in Dublin on Saturday night I would love to go to. But there's also the side of me that hopes it sells out, thus relieving me of the obligation to make the effort.

There's a gig on in Dublin on Saturday night I would love to go to. But there's also the side of me that hopes it sells out, thus relieving me of the obligation to make the effort.

I've become so not arsed about gigs these days. I'll go if I can but i don't feel like I absolutely have to go them these days and that I'm missing out if I don't.

I rarely ever look at the music channels on TV. I completely forgot about them TBH. I just stumbled on one now. Dance monkey is on now. Switch, the magic channel?...never heard of it. Rewind the 90s classics. What's on? Whitney Houston - my love is your love.... Meh. That chancer Wyclef is throwing shapes. Next Luther vandros & Janet Jackson....Stacey dash in the video, mmmm. Switch. Kerrang...Rock Anthems...playing kasabian....ugh, big mouthed bullshit. Next bowling for soup. Fuck this. Kerrang are still playing the same videos they were playing the last time I watched. Switch.

Some friends texted me the weekend before last about meeting up for drinks. I texted back saying I could meet them that night. They all texted back saying they weren't able to make it. I have to admit that I wasn't really itching to go out that night, I was just calling their bluff.

So that night, I watched a john Mullaney Netflix special and went to bed at 10. It was awesome.

It occurred to me this morning that for those of us who remember the Levi's 'golden oldies' ad campaign ; Sam Cooke's Wonderful World etc. , that those songs were only @25 year years old in 1985.
It would be the equivalent of 14 year olds today discovering the lost classics of Rednex and Coolio, Bur and Oasis etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back