Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (8 Viewers)

I think we'd actually have a really good chance, most people are doing an excellent job of staying safe, but there are some fucking wombles out there. The Garda having to shut the entire Sally Gap today because there were too many people. Drove through the city today, loads of groups of people hanging around in tight groups all over the place....just the stupidest and most selfish behaviour, and it'll be those that bring forward any lock down

Same. Took a drive through Phoenix Park late morning yesterday and there were tons of people out. Many in groups. Some obviously families but by no means all. I stopped, pulled down the window, and gave out to a guy who seemed to be running Segway tours. He looked puzzled so perhaps he was just a punter.

Went out for a spin on the bike in the afternoon. Became completely enraged because as soon as I went out the door I could hear what seemed to be a big outdoor street party going on at the Dolphins Barn flats. PA system, music, people cheering - the works. As I went by though, I could see people on their balconies so I *think* what was happening is that there was some sort of party going on but the idea was that everyone stayed on their balconies. Or perhaps there were two hundred people having a big rave in the courtyard in the middle and those on the balconies were just looking at them thinking "what a bunch of feckin' eejits". I didn't swing in to take a look and I'm choosing to believe the former version.

Went out for a spin on the bike in the afternoon. Became completely enraged because as soon as I went out the door I could hear what seemed to be a big outdoor street party going on at the Dolphins Barn flats. PA system, music, people cheering - the works. As I went by though, I could see people on their balconies so I *think* what was happening is that there was some sort of party going on but the idea was that everyone stayed on their balconies. Or perhaps there were two hundred people having a big rave in the courtyard in the middle and those on the balconies were just looking at them thinking "what a bunch of feckin' eejits". I didn't swing in to take a look and I'm choosing to believe the former version.

some interesting stats i heard this morning:
4% of tests done in ireland are coming back positive. that would imply, taking the figures at face value, that the 40k waiting would mean 1,600 more cases.
the chinese believe that 80% of cases were transmission within families.
the average age of fatalities in italy has been 78.5.

I actually thought that for perhaps an older generation who are unable to get out, perhaps hearing that mobile rosary might be a comforting thing...I don't really understand the snark of the Twitter person, even with our history with the Church, he could probably find something slightly better to do. My capacity to tolerate snark has greatly diminished with the rise of Covid-19, maybe I'll get it back someday :).

Hope everyone and their loved ones that have been feeling unwell is doing okay.

And fair fucking play @ernesto Know you don't want to be out there, but you are, top man.
I’ve had a rough few days. Sickest I’ve ever felt in my life. Feel like I’ve finally made a bit of progress today. Still pretty weak and finding it hard to concentrate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back