US politics (3 Viewers)

Well it was a rumour but then there were two other female democratic nominees in the running until recently and presumably other choices also. I'd like to imagine Hillary herself might be up for it but sure who knows.

It's over.

It's gonna be the guy who denies climate change exists vs. the guy who admits it's real but will never do anything about it.

The Bernie Bros at Trap House going for Trump
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Such infinite petulance

i think I’m a passive Bernie Bro.

Biden will absolutely lose against Trump, and the DNC, it appears, are happy to overlook this / oblivious.

Bernie should consider going indie / 3rd party

Biden will absolutely lose against Trump, and the DNC, it appears, are happy to overlook this / oblivious.
I mean, maybe? Hard to tell til after the conventions. And especially with what's playing out right now.
The Dem electorate can't say they haven't had a choice.
Ultimately, everyone has negatives.

To what end though?
Guarantee Trump a victory? We've enough examples of what 3rd party candidates do.

Bernie is stuck with a percentage of young Dem voters. He hasn't broadened his appeal. Either what he's selling isn't sellable, or he's not the one to sell it.

i think I’m a passive Bernie Bro.

As much as i'd love to see the top dems wiped out for being hollow, neoliberal shills who stand for no one except business interests, it's also the oldest active political party on the planet and I can't see a third party gaining sufficient power. Better to build on what Bernie has started than split imho.

The America of the Republican and Democratic party 2020 is one that doesn't and will never care about the poor unless forced, Bernie was always a long shot at making topdown change, the only way forward is change from the bottom up. For example, there have been more massively successful union strikes across the USA in the past 2 years than in about the last 30. Look at the Teachers Union strikes in 2019, unheard of gains there. The future can still be bright, it'll just never come from those at the top.

Last edited:
Anyway, watch this space for the libs endlessly blaming Bernie Bros, "backed by Putin," for Biden failing as his team offers America means testing and a scolding about irresponsible spending while Trump gives people cold hard cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back