Major Complaints Thread (5 Viewers)

Right so I went into a Centra the other day (Drumcondra train station for anyone wondering), and had to get money from the ATM first.
So there's this woman in front of me using the machine, and I'm just waiting, and she does the whole fucking card comes out, money comes out, but guess what, she's putting her card back in again for some fucking reason. So I let out a big "Ah for fuck sake!" for a laugh haha.
Anyway she does whatever stupid shit she's doing, I use the machine, and off I go to get the shit I'm getting in the shop. So a few minutes later I have all my random crap, and I'm walking up to where the tills are, and I have to go past where the ATM is. I notice that there's now like 4 people queueing there for the ATM. I look at the queue, and GUESS WHAT FUCKIN PRICK IS USING THE ATM AGAIN??

^ When I was a poor student living in Brighton, and remarkably overdrawn (I would just go into my unplanned overdraft every single month and didn't gaf), I'd go to sainsburys self checkout till near me and buy a single item, but get cash back of the maximum £200. Then I'd go around again, and I'd get another single item, and repeat the process as many times as possible til my card exploded. For some reason it was the only shop that would give me cashback through the self service til when I had a minus in my account. Maybe the woman in the queue was doing some denomination of this foolish, foolish, "ah sure ill deal with it later" nonsense?

Right so I went into a Centra the other day (Drumcondra train station for anyone wondering), and had to get money from the ATM first.
So there's this woman in front of me using the machine, and I'm just waiting, and she does the whole fucking card comes out, money comes out, but guess what, she's putting her card back in again for some fucking reason. So I let out a big "Ah for fuck sake!" for a laugh haha.
Anyway she does whatever stupid shit she's doing, I use the machine, and off I go to get the shit I'm getting in the shop. So a few minutes later I have all my random crap, and I'm walking up to where the tills are, and I have to go past where the ATM is. I notice that there's now like 4 people queueing there for the ATM. I look at the queue, and GUESS WHAT FUCKIN PRICK IS USING THE ATM AGAIN??
Hahaha

Also, a corollary complaint
I hate the fenced-in queue in that Centra
Like if you want to go back, to grab something you forgot, you're like a salmon swimming against the stream of the people behind you

^ When I was a poor student living in Brighton, and remarkably overdrawn (I would just go into my unplanned overdraft every single month and didn't gaf), I'd go to sainsburys self checkout till near me and buy a single item, but get cash back of the maximum £200. Then I'd go around again, and I'd get another single item, and repeat the process as many times as possible til my card exploded. For some reason it was the only shop that would give me cashback through the self service til when I had a minus in my account. Maybe the woman in the queue was doing some denomination of this foolish, foolish, "ah sure ill deal with it later" nonsense?

Na, when I was behind her the second time she used her card she didn't even get any money out. Using the fuckin internet I reckon.

Ah, OK, I'm glad she wasn't fucking herself so thoroughly as I was at the time, while somehow feeling like I'd won.

So I went down to check this place out today. First off, this isn't more than 1 km from this house i've lived in on and off basically since I was born. I had zero idea of its existence till this thing kicked off. A bit of map study shows that first off the bat its in the middle of an old stone circle that is long ruined. It is an abbey on 120 year old maps but not even sure its noted on the modern ones. And there hasn't been a road to it for at least 140 years so Its just a case of parking and hiking across fields. Anywhoo after all the research and trying to figure what the least amount of trespassing i could do it ended up looking like this, which is some kind of terrifying half underground mini altar type thing which seems to be part of a vanity project of the landed gentry around the time of the famine, which is crazy when you look at that swish stone cutting. Its not that the earth has come up round it, it actuall has steps down to it from level that seem to be part of the design.

View attachment 13162

View attachment 13163

Went down this morning and broke ground, attempting the concrete work tomorrrow. Surreal stuff to be at. Didn't dig up any surprises

Went down this morning and broke ground, attempting the concrete work tomorrrow. Surreal stuff to be at. Didn't dig up any surprises
How close to that fancy tomb are you doing that work?

Does it look like anyone ever visits this graveyard?

It looks truly wild. And fair fecks to you.

How close to that fancy tomb are you doing that work?

Does it look like anyone ever visits this graveyard?

It looks truly wild. And fair fecks to you.

Seldom. Like its not on or near a road, you need to be told where it is and 'trespass' a bit. The lads were down ploughing this morning and they didn't bad an eyelid that I was there though.

No too close, found a good spot almost facing my grandmothers house with a bit of sun. Outside that mad crypt is the ruins of a church that was there before the crypt so I wanted to stay outside that outline.

Peak 2020.

Did the foundation work over the last few days. Have never used concrete before so I go the home baking ready mix thing. Besides being laborious it isn't that bad. First of three wooden structures that i made for it has been consumed.

Some more carpentry to do before the next trip.

111.jpg

222.jpg 333.jpg

Took me ten mins to type this with one hand so posting that tweet here to save 10 mins retyping but fuuuuuuck today

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Off to the rapid injury clinic in the morning but feeling ok! Say I'll be blue in the morning 😂 really thankful I didnt hit my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back