Minor complaints thread (21 Viewers)

My anxiety is through the roof. Have a permanent lump in throat and fluttery feeling, and I've had to duck into the bathroom for a big old sob every day this week and last. In total ribbons, haven't slept properly in weeks. Corona anxiety + having to cancel all our wedding plans and plan a new one here because of the virus shite + now worrying that this one won't even go ahead and we'll be fucked = Ciara can't hold shit together. I also just got a new job which should be good news but is adding to the nightmare.

Why are you objecting to a project you support?
Because I agreed to support whatever my residents association decided upon

The project is a good one – deeded affordable housing. Yay.
But it demolishes a 19th century building. Aww.

I had to speak for the Awws .
Aww.

Last edited:
My anxiety is through the roof. Have a permanent lump in throat and fluttery feeling, and I've had to duck into the bathroom for a big old sob every day this week and last. In total ribbons, haven't slept properly in weeks. Corona anxiety + having to cancel all our wedding plans and plan a new one here because of the virus shite + now worrying that this one won't even go ahead and we'll be fucked = Ciara can't hold shit together. I also just got a new job which should be good news but is adding to the nightmare.

I’m sorry I hadn’t even though about weddings and things like that.
Will insurance cover any of the costs?

I’m sorry I hadn’t even though about weddings and things like that.
Will insurance cover any of the costs?

Thank you! We're just looking at insurance now. It could all be ttoally fine, the wedding is very very small (30 people) and isn't til late June, but its hard to predict and I've NEVER dealt well with uncertainty :)

I went out for a drink last night.
So hungover I had to call in sick.
I’m an idiot; cocktails and zero food.
Wasn’t particularly drunk but couldn’t even keep water down this morning.
My boss didn’t mind, but the missus did.
APPARENTLY it’s very irresponsible of me to get drunk midweek (I hate when she is right, which is often)

APPARENTLY it’s very irresponsible of me to get drunk midweek (I hate when she is right, which is often)
This is why I would like a wife
To have a life coach to get on my case about stuff

But I'd need one with no actual power, not one that owns half my shit.

I need like a very stern PA more than a wife, I think.

Hope you feel better.

Last edited:
snap!

Ah that's shit. Try not to let things feel like they're stacking up. Look, the virus should be taken seriously but its not fucking ebola. Your wedding will go ahead at some point and it'll be fantastic. Having a new job is great but starting one is never easy. Congratulations by the way. Sorry for the unsolicited advice!

Anyway was due to go on holidays tomorrow but have to cancel. Had been really looking forward to it coz work's been pretty hectic lately. Between that, the virus and the weather it's not a great moment. The gf really needed the break even more than me. Need to try and think of something to make up for it this weekend.

Ah that's shit. Try not to let things feel like they're stacking up. Look, the virus should be taken seriously but its not fucking ebola. Your wedding will go ahead at some point and it'll be fantastic. Having a new job is great but starting one is never easy. Congratulations by the way. Sorry for the unsolicited advice!

Anyway was due to go on holidays tomorrow but have to cancel. Had been really looking forward to it coz work's been pretty hectic lately. Between that, the virus and the weather it's not a great moment. The gf really needed the break even more than me. Need to try and think of something to make up for it this weekend.

No I totally needed to hear this <3

And I'm sorry about your holiday, thats a fucking dose. I hope you have a really chill staycation or something here and get the rest. Maybe a last minute airbnb in the country somewhere with fresh air and green? This place is unreal if you're into a drive - Holiday Lets, Homes, Experiences & Places - Airbnb

My parents supposed to be visiting London next moth with the nieces and nephews. The way things are looking that will have to be postponed. Reckon my dad would be in the high risk category due to chronic respiratory problems and cancer medication. Everyone's a bit gutted

My parents supposed to be visiting London next moth with the nieces and nephews. The way things are looking that will have to be postponed. Reckon my dad would be in the high risk category due to chronic respiratory problems and cancer medication. Everyone's a bit gutted
in true fashion of the men of his age/era he's insisting that it's fine for him to be travelling to a densely populated foreign city, mingling with god knows who, during a pandemic as a 73 year old man with underlying health issues. everyone else is like, "errrr, maybe not".

Users who are viewing this thread

• Unicron
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back