Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

Just doesn't want people to know?

I know the Chinese state has been largely praised this time around for their transparency about the details and spread of the virus, especially when compared to the shitshow that happened with SARS. My laymans understanding is that they generally accept that trying to hide this away from the scientists like they did with SARS only makes it worse.

They also have the advantage of doing whatever the fuck they deem necessary and not worrying too much about what a load of people on Twitter are going to say about it.

So self-isolating.

It'd be pretty shit to go through 14 days of it and then not have it yeah?

Because you could be sitting on your arse for a fortnight and some germ factory breaths on you wrong and you've to do it all over again.

Also, if you self-isolate and do have it, are you no longer contagious after you've been through the dose?

Can you catch it a second time? Should the whole country just have a big chicken pox party and invite everyone who isn't a high risk person and just get it over with?

Last edited:
They also have the advantage of doing whatever the fuck they deem necessary and not worrying too much about what a load of people on Twitter are going to say about it.
Well i'm not sure anyone really cares what happens in Twitter unless it involves them directly but more broadly China certainly don't give a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks of them or what they do to their people, is that what you mean?

Well i'm not sure anyone really cares what happens in Twitter unless it involves them directly but more broadly China certainly don't give a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks of them or what they do to their people, is that what you mean?

Yeah pretty much. I'm citing Twitter as some sort of measure of public opinion (both domestic and worldwide), which matters less to the Chinese government than ours (I suspect).

Coincidently just came across this. It claims that (a) the Chinese used phone data tracking on a massive scale to determine possible trajectories of infection (who has been in contact or in proximity with who etc) and (b) when they closed off Wuhan they knew there were not enough medical supplies to cope with the number of people infected and hence 'accepted a high death rate' in the city. Privacy laws would prevent (a) happening in Europe and as for (b) ......

Usual caveats apply. I don't know anything about the Asia Times and therefore what it's agenda/outlook/attitude towards China might be.

So self-isolating.

I dunno it sounds all right to me. Couple of good books. A nice bottle of whiskey. And at the end of it you're grand.

So self-isolating.

Because you could be sitting on your arse for a fortnight and some germ factory breaths on you wrong and you've to do it all over again.

Also, if you self-isolate and do have it, are you no longer contagious after you've been through the dose?

Can you catch it a second time? Should the whole country just have a big chicken pox party and invite everyone who isn't a high risk person and just get it over with?

For me, it wouldn't be shit because I could potentially be saving the lives of 100s of vulnerable people. Obviously it would be really frustrating and maybe boring, but I'd prefer every person who is returning from Northern Italy, Iran, Korea and Singapore to now self isolate for 14 days.

I also have a shared house, if someone in my house got it, I imagine the whole house would rather quickly. Last year my housemate brought home a serious vomiting bug from Brazil. We all disinfected and were pretty careful. Within three days 5 of us were seriously ill and 1 went to the hospital.

Experts aren't sure how long you are contagious for. People have been given the all clear only to test positive again in a few days, as with the British couple from Diamond Princess.

Because the SARS2-COVID-19 is a brand new virus, none of us have any immunity to the disease. We could absolutely catch it twice and the virus may also mutate into more strains. Eventually, we will build immunity, as happened with the common cold, flu, etc. The ideal would be to contain and let the virus die out, otherwise, we will have seasonal Covid-19 that could wreak havoc on vulnerable people.

A lot is still unknown because it's so new. As with Sars and Swine Flu, what will probably happen in 2-3 years is we will realise we grossly under-reported cases.

Fun times!

Well, I was thinking earlier, if I had a solid 2 weeks to myself I'd probably get this record mixed. Except for any vocal ovrdubs I'd be coughing through.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Lol. All the creative types like "hmmm could make use of this."

The snow was great, got loads done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back