Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (19 Viewers)

The lack of people on this thread who are suddenly experts on medical matters to do with the transmission of viruses is most refreshing I must say.

Possible upsides to Covid 19

- Could free up a bunch of granny gaffs to ease the housing crisis
- Possible bargains to be had in the stock market
- St Patrick's Day cancelled
- Travel ban, so Dublin would have no tourists for a few weeks (fucking heaven)
- Washing your hands becomes "cool" again
- Self-isolation means catching up on podcasts, Netflix etc
- You can talk real mean shit about the type of selfish cunts that take skiing holidays in Italy
- You get to feel superior to all the panicking dopes thinking we're all going to die

That's all I got
Looks like a fun few weeks tbh

We’ve to get a flight tomorrow and the youngfella has a cold. This could get real interesting.

We’ve to get a flight tomorrow and the youngfella has a cold. This could get real interesting.

I'd be curious what they're looking for at airports.

They've been pumping money into facial recognition like nobody's business, a cam pointed at choke points looking for anything over 38C would be easy. You'd hope they're not looking for people with a bit of a sniffley nose. I guess if they were good you could look for confusion or fatigue.

The airplane germs thing is a myth.

Myth: Airplane cabin air makes you sick.
Fact: The air in an aircraft cabin is recycled once every three minutes, with 60 percent of it going through True High-Efficiency Particle Filters (True HEPA) or High-Efficiency Particle Filters (HEPA). The other 40 percent of recycled air goes to cooling the plane's computers and its cargo hold. This purifying means that an airplane's cabin air isn't as bad as the air on a bus or train.

i'm about 1km away. my wife has been getting the bus into town with probable typhoid marys (and fintans) for the last week or two.

one of the things i've not seen comment on, in relation to containing this thing, is that if any country fails to contain it (i'm looking at you, iran), the only way to contain a global spread is to completely close your borders to people who have been to that country. at least until a vaccine is readily available.

yeah we are about 1km away aswell, if even that.
Ugh

The lack of people on this thread who are suddenly experts on medical matters to do with the transmission of viruses is most refreshing I must say.
this time last week I had to actively go and seek out information. Since then I've been impressed with the amount of information that's fallen into my lap, without needing to make any effort. I presume that's the same for most people (be it via telly, radio, social media, papers, etc). That is definitely going to help. So, while definitely not experts, I reckon people will be reasonably well informed.

Was chatting to a friend in Milan this morning. She's be on lockdown for 1.5 weeks and there's no word on when it will be lifted. In her word, 'some shops and restaurants are closed'. What 'lockdown' really means is that they don't want people going into offices where they'll be in close proximity to other people for a long duration. Amazingly (sarcasm) there is still food to be had. They're not quite at Cormac McCarthy levels of apocalypse just yet.

Also have to laugh at the reaction to not being told the name of the school in Dublin. I was away from SM for most of the day yesterday. When I checked it at around 6:30pm I saw the name of the school before I saw any notification that 'they' wouldn't be officially identifying it. The backlash of people giving out about not being provided with information they already know, is classic twitter. Had 'they' officially announced it, I'm sure there'd be a backlash from others saying they shouldn't be telling anyone. Damned if you do.....

Also have to laugh at the reaction to not being told the name of the school in Dublin. I was away from SM for most of the day yesterday. When I checked it at around 6:30pm I saw the name of the school before I saw any notification that 'they' wouldn't be officially identifying it. The backlash of people giving out about not being provided with information they already know, is classic twitter. Had 'they' officially announced it, I'm sure there'd be a backlash from others saying they shouldn't be telling anyone. Damned if you do.....
No matter what they did some prick from a tabloid will have been working round the clock to dox some child.

No matter what they did some prick from a tabloid will have been working round the clock to dox some child.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

like this fucker. A few minutes before that tweet he was tweeting about BREAKING NEWS: SCHOOL CLOSED BECAUSE OF CORONAVIRUS

in CAPITAL FUCKING LETTERS. Seems to have deleted that now.

The slowdown of industry in china will probably be visible in the tree rings. Look If anyone I know gets this thing I'd be super worried, but looking at the sociopath styled grand scheme of things, long term half the developed world being too afraid to fly why global shipping has a % slowdown is possibly going to lead to a % visible carbon reduction, the kind of thing you couldn't ask people to do.

Well on one hand you could have a net reduction on pollution based deaths in the long term, and on the other hand they have it where your parents live now so a bit from column a and bit from column b, past self.

Well on one hand you could have a net reduction on pollution based deaths in the long term, and on the other hand they have it where your parents live now so a bit from column a and bit from column b, past self.
or, ironically, if reports that the virus is not heat resistant, are true, it's global warming that could end up saving us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back